Author Topic: Workday on Saturday 11-08-08 for Honeysuckle Removal  (Read 627 times)

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Workday on Saturday 11-08-08 for Honeysuckle Removal
« on: November 01, 2008, 07:41:59 AM »
Saturday November 8th will be a workday at Rosedale.   The club will be coordinating with the KCK P&R for the removal of Honeysuckle in the park.   We plan to work beginning at 8am and continue until 12pm.  The parks department will be providing herbicides to kill the recently cut plants and plans to remove all of the cut limbs.   We need as many people as possible to volunteer to help on this day while we have the cooperation of the parks department.  If you have loppers, saws, rakes or weed trimmers please bring them with you.   If you do not have any of those tools don't let that stop you from coming out to help.  If you can attend please respond on this thread, email me (kccolt@hotmail.com) or you may call or text me at 913.515.6266.

Jim Sherwood
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 08:10:22 AM by Twister66 »
Jim Sherwood

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
Re: Workday on Saturday 11-08-08 for Honeysuckle Removal
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 01:41:59 PM »

I'll be able to be there from about 8-10. Anyone else out there willing to help out? While not as much fun as posting witticisms out here in cyberspace, our disc golf community has always depended on the generosity of a few, who do much of the work. Join the Tom Sawyer Karmic Brigade; it's guaranteed to improve your game.

Rick

Saturday November 8th will be a workday at Rosedale.   The club will be coordinating with the KCK P&R for the removal of Honeysuckle in the park.   We plan to work beginning at 8am and continue until 12pm.  The parks department will be providing herbicides to kill the recently cut plants and plans to remove all of the cut limbs.   We need as many people as possible to volunteer to help on this day while we have the cooperation of the parks department.  If you have loppers, saws, rakes or weed trimmers please bring them with you.   If you do not have any of those tools don't let that stop you from coming out to help.  If you can attend please respond on this thread, email me (kccolt@hotmail.com) or you may call or text me at 913.515.6266.

Jim Sherwood

Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Workday on Saturday 11-08-08 for Honeysuckle Removal
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 04:35:20 PM »
Thanks to the people that came out and worked today up top.  We covered a lot ground along holes 10, 9 and 8.  There are some newly cut limbs along those fairways, but the parks dept. will be picking it all up this week.  Thanks to Max Hilgers, for bring out the rotary saw, Steve Parkinson, Eric Garberg Chris Timko, Dick Parker, Dennis Freeman, Rick Rothstein, and Steve Harris.
Jim Sherwood