Author Topic: Bridges Down Under at Rosie!  (Read 927 times)

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Bridges Down Under at Rosie!
« on: November 08, 2008, 03:27:38 PM »
Today a few of us went down under and put a temporary fix on #10 and #11 s bridges.  There is still more work to do on those bridges but they are in a state now in which they function better and look nicer.  Next Saturday morning I would like to focus some attention on #8.  I just need about 4-5 people out there so we can hoist up the old bridge and make a few repairs.  If ANY one can come out around 9am and help out I would appreciate the help.  We are running out of decent days and the bad weather is coming.  I believe these repairs are necessary to prevent injuries and other problems.
Things that would help to have are:

Chainsaw(s)
Hammers
Nails(long ones)
Screwguns/drills
Screws (long ones)
Wear Gloves I wont have any for you.
And anything else you can think of that might help. 
Auger or shovels

I have a good idea on what we can do to repair #8 but I would still like some creative feedback in order to make it a functional and safe bridge.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Keizer

Re: Bridges Down Under at Rosie!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 09:24:30 AM »
Down Under played great on Sunday. You guys did an awesome job out there! 8)

Jason

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 11:17:31 AM »
Dick are you still on for this Saturday?  I was planning on coming out to help.  Might be able to get Critter to come along also.

Jason

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Bridges Down Under at Rosie-and steps and erosion control
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 12:42:07 PM »
In talking with Dick and a couple other fellas last night at our club meeting, we have agreed on a work day DU for Sunday, Nov 23.  Do not let that date stop you if you were planning on working this weekend. 

Dick wants to get the bride on hole 8, and i would like to address some other issues like making some nice rock stairs on holes 10 and 11, and moving some fallen trees for erosion control.

John Theiss

Jason

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 02:05:02 PM »
Cool, I'll plan on both if I can make it, I can bring the chain saw out this weekend and clear some trees at least, whatever.
Jason

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 04:46:28 PM »
We will need a chainsaw to cut Trees up that are already down. just so we can cut to fit.  If the weather premits I may go out Sat. still but sunday may just be better.  I will only have until 1pm or so so please show up by 9:30am so we can crack some things.  I would like to move beyond the bridge on 8 as well but we will need to get started and finished asap.  I dont think it will be a big undertaking. 
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Jason

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 10:36:28 AM »
Well, doesn't look like I can do Sunday morning, Sunday afternoon would work.  If you still want to work tomorrow I'm free all day, just give me a shout/email.
Jason