Author Topic: WORK DAY SUNDAY 11-16-08 9:30am  (Read 1021 times)

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
WORK DAY SUNDAY 11-16-08 9:30am
« on: November 15, 2008, 05:03:44 PM »
Please if anyone has availablity to be at Rosie down under tommorrow around 9:30am-2:00pm we will be out there working on hole 8's tpad and hopefully putting up some more signage to get you around the course better. 
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: WORK DAY SUNDAY 11-16-08 9:30am
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 12:45:45 PM »
I want to thank Dave Emerson and his buddy Rich and also Nick Wink for coming out this morning to help fix #8's bridge.  It is 10000000 times better than it was but there are a few more tweeks I'll hopefully be adding myself this week when I have some free time and weather permitting. 

Other things that are on the todo list and I would like to have done :

arrows and signs for getting around the course and for finding alt tee pads
new benches where there are none. 
clear out a spot on #1 to move the current bench
rake the fairways or at least some paths
new stairs on 16. the current ones are fine but I have a permanent one I want in.
Clear out dead trees and use them to line the fairways.

and many many more things but thats a start

dick
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 04:30:05 PM »
No problem Dick!  It was 'fun' but it was a bear!!! We are hoping that section of the bridge on 8 will now last a few years!  It should drain a lot better during heavy rains as well.

Let us know about future work days and we'll see about helping.

If you guys haven't seen the new tee box on 16, get down there, great work.

I had an idea for stairs on 16, that old set of metal steps that's down in the woods behind #10 up top (long position).  Any reason this wouldn't work? Assuming we get enough bodies and a truck to haul it out of it's current location and all the way over to 16 DU? Would be a nice stair and pretty dawn permanent....

How about some pin movement before next weekend?
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Keizer

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 08:24:46 AM »
I had an idea for stairs on 16, that old set of metal steps that's down in the woods behind #10 up top (long position).  Any reason this wouldn't work? Assuming we get enough bodies and a truck to haul it out of it's current location and all the way over to 16 DU? Would be a nice stair and pretty dawn permanent....

I was told those stairs were broken and couldn't be used. Had a similar idea a while back...

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 02:42:37 PM »
Well what I originally planned was to take the current stairs on 16 and re build them and put them on the side of the hill.  The dug out hole-steps are nice for now but errosion will make those little slippery hills over time so that is not a good enough fix. 

Speaking of the work that has been done on the DU to this point.  I would like to get ahold of Steve or whoever it is so we can get on the same page.  Its great that there is other work going on down there BUT now that I'm taking care of it I need to be in the loop of further plans and current projects.  If we continue on this path of working in these seperate groups we will eventually be shooting each other in the foot.  If we have parallel goals then we can achieve a much greater outcome. 

If anyone knows Steve's # or talks to hime at all please tell him to get ahold of me.  I would rather have him and whoeve else helping in a common good so we can accomplish more.  I have many plans for that course and I need cooperation with everyone involved to make sure it all goes smoothly.  I know the work he and whoever else has done is great but I did run for CC and I would like to make sure I have some what control over what happens in the future.  Just keep me in the loop.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

Jason

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 06:39:58 PM »
I can get to working on the signs; Dick you said 12 inch 2x4 cut on the ends right?  Kinda like:   "  <===  "  Painted hunter orange right?  How many?  I know 18 for all the main pads, how many alternatives do you need?  Should I go ahead and get lettering or do you want to take care of that when we hang the signs?  Give me the word and I'll get to it this week.  I will be free Saturday (excluding league) and Sunday afternoon, so lemme know when you're planning on everyone being out there.

Jason

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 04:46:09 PM »
I'll call you with what I need.  Saturday morning might be good for me.  Just to go through and put up signs.  Sunday I may have another smaller work day in order to put up a foot and hand rail on #8. 
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...