Author Topic: Workday Sunday 11-23-08  (Read 1033 times)

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Workday Sunday 11-23-08
« on: November 22, 2008, 08:11:15 PM »
We are going to finish putting up some arrows and then we are going to be building an arm rail for hole #8's bridge. Also I want to shore up 10-11 bridges and do some basic clean up on those holes too.  Please come out if you can.  The more people the better for moving a lot of brush and hammering some nails. 

Meet at 12:30pm on hole 12
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Workday Sunday 11-23-08
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 05:49:22 PM »
Today we were fortune enough to have a couple groups of workers out today doing multiple jobs.  Thanks to everyone who came out today to supply help.  Those people are:

Jason
Timko
Steve H
Kiezer
John T
Eric K

Kiezer, John, and Eric worked on making the path down from 11's Teepad safer while Jason and myself finished hanging arrows.  Timko and Steve also helped myself and Jason with #8's bridge. Which hopefully we will finish by next weekend.  Good Work and there WILL be more work days leading up to some bad weather.  Next Saturday morning I will be out at the course is the weather permits finishing #8
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 10:49:50 AM »
This weekend we worked really hard on building some stairs for hole 11 DU.  We stated by moving a giant boulder that most folks probably just walked around on their descent from hole 11.  After we moved the monster, we continued in our quest for  large flat rocks.  We found some beasters and we built some stairs that should last for many years.  I believe Steve (Hostleter?) had moved a bunch of rock and made some stairs and we used many of those stairs and added some larger rocks.  Steve layed out a nice set of smaller rock stairs that we used as platforms for many of the bigger beaster rocks.  Steve has been working very hard DU and is really transforming some holes.  A big thanks must go out to Steve,  Mike Keizer and Eric Kolkmeiyer who did some back breaking work to get those stairs looking so good. 

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 12:13:42 PM »
I want to express my appreciation for all the hard work. Great job!

I know building stairs can have it's ups and downs.  :D

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 01:21:59 PM »
Actually John, I found out those stairs were from yet another contributor.  But none the less Steve has put in some hours and we are all very greatful. 
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

Jason

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »
Had a good time, I think the arrows are a great addition to the course, there was even one spot seemed obvious to me, until some guys playing came up and went the wrong way!  Good thing we were hanging the arrow then and there, so it is needed.  Anyway, great to meet everyone, I'll try to make it out next weekend if I can - don't forget to charge your drills!
Go Easy,
Jason

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 09:55:28 PM »
I just want to thank Leo and Marshall for helping me today finish hole #8's bridge.  There will be much more to do out there but I will be taking a week off from working on the course.  If you have any suggestions on what else made need immediate attention just let me know as my to do list keeps growing.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 07:27:01 AM »
I just want to thank Leo and Marshall for helping me today finish hole #8's bridge.  There will be much more to do out there but I will be taking a week off from working on the course.  If you have any suggestions on what else made need immediate attention just let me know as my to do list keeps growing.

PLANT MORE TREES!!!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 07:46:13 AM »
Great idea Andy.  I was thinking of putting red oaks in the middle of every fairway.  Or forestway as I like to refer to them as.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...