Author Topic: New fence at Yates  (Read 188 times)

Butters

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
New fence at Yates
« on: August 11, 2015, 09:17:35 pm »
Yates is putting in a new fence around the basketball and blacktop area to the left of hole 1. The fence is going to run right between the teepad for 1 and the basket.  I am not sure how easy the first 8 holes are going to be to access once they put this fence up.

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New fence at Yates
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 09:27:31 pm »

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 10:40:02 am »
It was only a matter of time before the fences were coming.  All the Blue Springs schools  now have large fences keeping the natives caged.  It definitely looks  a lot different but student safety is more important than aesthetics of large institutionally looking fences.

There is a gate by hole 1 now and that does help compared to the old fence that did not have a gate. Overall i think they did a good job of adding gates in appropriately places-hole 1 has 2 gates, #3 has a gate, #5 has a gate to enter from long tee.  Safety of students comes first  and the dg course is only mildly affected and i am glad we still have it there. 

At this point, to have 18 holes through the woods, across creeks, up and down hills all an elementary school is still a great thing and will only help in the growth of our sport.  I am jealous that i do not get to use that course for  my PE classes at work.  My school has a 4 hole loop and the kids love it, but it is hard to beat playing in the woods like WYE  as a kid. 

Butters

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 08:13:14 pm »
Yates is my closest course and is between my work and home
 Kinda sucks the rules changed to the course only being open on non school days.

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 09:47:01 pm »
Yates is my closest course and is between my work and home
 Kinda sucks the rules changed to the course only being open on non school days.

Really? The course is now only playable on weekends or school holidays?

Butters

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 08:49:47 pm »
Yes according to the signs.  I went there after school let out and found out there were running summer school  :P