Author Topic: Listening to public radio on 7/18/2005  (Read 850 times)

tjringer

Listening to public radio on 7/18/2005
« on: July 18, 2005, 02:41:07 PM »
So I get in my truck today and the radio pops on and suddenly I realize that the someone is thanking the parks & rec department for all the help they have provided in sponsoring disc golf courses all over kansas city.  I didn't catch who it was but I didn't not reconize the voice.

After their schpiel about all that the city does they got off air and the Parks and Rec guy went on to talk about how great FROLF and frisbee golf are for the parks and then he went on to mention these courses : Swope, Cliff Drive, Blue Valley and Water Works.

I think the piece was actually on how they feel that the Greater Kansas City area has way to many parks or something or another.  Like I said, I got in my truck and turned it on just as whom ever the disc golfer was that called in started talking.

Anyways, seemed like some good PR.  Kudos to whom ever it was that called in and got the Parks Dept to give the KCFDC verbal recongnition.

On a side note though : FROLF? Frisbee Golf?  Let's line these people up and play catch with max weight CE Firebirds.  We throw they catch.  Then we'll see how like Frisbee that Disc Golf really is :)

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
as Elvis said
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 03:43:42 PM »
thankyouverymuch

Yeah, the FOLF/Frisbee comment got to me too, but I was muted from the air by that time.  

oh well...at least he knows where the KCMO courses are!

steve
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!