Author Topic: ESP FLX Force, or Z-Drone?  (Read 5048 times)

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
ESP FLX Force, or Z-Drone?
« on: December 16, 2008, 03:04:40 PM »
Discraft has offered us a couple of choices for fundraising for Worlds.  They've offered to run FLX Forces for us, or Z-Drones.  I think both would have some pop out there, but we want to know:

1. Which one would you rather use?

2. Which one do you think would sell better?

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

gott1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: ESP FLX Force, or Z-Drone?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 03:28:03 PM »
the drone buddy
ELZA GOTT

LOCAL DISC GOLFER

DrRyan

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 03:35:04 PM »
I will definitely buy a couple Drones if you guys have them while I am back.  I am not a huge fan of FLX plastic(though I have not thrown a ton of it).  I would guess the Force may sell better though as everyone seems to want the newest fastest discs out.  Drones for me though Chappy.
Put down your shiny new speedy driver and learn to throw the Roc!

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 03:41:19 PM »
definitely drones.

Keizer

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 04:16:44 PM »
I like the FLX plastic. Use the Force, Luk... err... Chappy.

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 06:31:31 PM »
Some INNOVAtions at Discraft must have occured because Z-Drones have been mucho desired by DG'ers - but they proved to be too heavy in Z plastic for PDGA approval - and hence were only offered in D...and I believe also now in FLX. 

So, Z-Drones would be HIGHLY coveted...and if only offered for KC WORLDS that would get my vote.
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

MOSPARKY

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 07:04:53 PM »
Drones, I'll take two.  I think that the flex forces would sell as well.  You can put me down for one of those..  Definately the DRONES.                 

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 07:05:33 PM »
Some INNOVAtions at Discraft must have occured because Z-Drones have been mucho desired by DG'ers - but they proved to be too heavy in Z plastic for PDGA approval - and hence were only offered in D...and I believe also now in FLX. 

So, Z-Drones would be HIGHLY coveted...and if only offered for KC WORLDS that would get my vote.

Otter,

Not sure where you got that information, but Discraft has offered us Z-Drones.  I have no idea why they couldn't make them lighter....they are not wide-rimmed like the Boss with all the plastic and weight in the rim...it doesn't make sense, which is why I'm curious where you heard that.  PM me if you can remember where you saw/heard that.

Chap
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 11:10:16 PM by John Chapman »
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

mansizioux

• Am Poster
  • JV Golfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 07:38:27 AM »
Z-Drone Z-drone Z-drone let them be thrown. Will there be opportunities for the cryztal buzzz later on?
You can"t always do what's right, but you can always do what's left.

SnoKid

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 10:51:30 AM »
Z-Drone, what else needs to be said?

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 11:02:45 AM »
A Z-Drone would be a very unique and useful disc.  The FLX Force would be just another driver and most people probably prefer the ESP Force if they do throw the Force.

Leo D.

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 11:49:33 AM »
A "Z" meteor would be pimp!
iscraft Golf Discs

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 02:31:26 PM »

Otter,

Not sure where you got that information, but Discraft has offered us Z-Drones.  I have no idea why they couldn't make them lighter....they are not wide-rimmed like the Boss with all the plastic and weight in the rim...it doesn't make sense, which is why I'm curious where you heard that.  PM me if you can remember where you saw/heard that.

Chap

John, what Otter is saying used to be true, but they must have come up with a plastic blend that works.  Older molds like the Drone actually take a larger mass of plastic to pack out, so unless you lower the density of the plastic, they'll come out overweight.  You can find a quote from Keith Murray from 2005 saying that they couldn't run them at that time.  The Boss actually doesn't require a lot of plastic to make. Dave McCormack had the same issues with the Demon mold for a long time until he developed an E-Like blend that had a low enough density to fit into the mold.

But back to the question at hand...Z Drone.  Especially if it's exclusive.  Personally, I'd like a Z Comet to be exclusive, but that's another issue :).

Keizer

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 04:24:30 PM »
The FLX Force would be just another driver and most people probably prefer the ESP Force if they do throw the Force.

Probably true. I've just gotten really into the FLX plastic here lately, because it plays well in the cold. But I didn't know the Drone was mostly just available in D. I see there are some LE FLX models floating around (and at a bit of a price, I might add), but apparently a Drone in Z would be something special. Might as well go with that since it will also be a special time here in KC when the Worlds go down.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 04:31:56 PM »

Personally, I'd like a Z Comet to be exclusive, but that's another issue :).

that would be SWEET!