Author Topic: Homie Course for Sunday the 21st  (Read 2224 times)

Mantis

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Homie Course for Sunday the 21st
« on: December 16, 2008, 09:55:37 PM »
I'll Announce it Friday or Sat.   
Steve Dresser
816-914-9395
IN MEMORY OF MY FALLEN BROTHERS... THE MOST RECENT SGT. BRANTLEY THANK A SOLDIER SINCE YOU CAN PLAY DISC BECAUSE OF THEIR SACRIFICES

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Homie Course for Sunday the 21st
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 10:27:10 AM »
bad w/e for me, I have the kids, and Sunday is the Fantasy Football Superbowl in my league....where I am a finalist, so I will not be able to play, then I will be in IA the following w/e, but I will be back on the 4th of January if you want to do it then.  I'd choose Cliff Drive, but then I do not have Homie...
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mantis

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 08:12:32 PM »
Wow water works and Olathe are pretty close in votes.... What course will win the first homie in 15 months
Steve Dresser
816-914-9395
IN MEMORY OF MY FALLEN BROTHERS... THE MOST RECENT SGT. BRANTLEY THANK A SOLDIER SINCE YOU CAN PLAY DISC BECAUSE OF THEIR SACRIFICES

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 02:01:22 PM »
you shuold make that, if you play homie or are planning on playing homie.....last time I checked, we haven't had 15 people at homey since we set up Hidden Valley on Fathers Day in 2003......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 02:45:56 PM »
who's in your lineup Jack?

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 03:27:49 PM »
you shuold make that, if you play homie or are planning on playing homie.....last time I checked, we haven't had 15 people at homey since we set up Hidden Valley on Fathers Day in 2003......

I think I was there for that one.  Had a chance to win big skins, but....

Keizer

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 04:04:26 PM »
Could somebody please explain to us n00bs how this Homey thing works? I even Googled it to no avail...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 04:33:26 PM »
It is pretty simple....and Yes Mike I believe that you were there.   Lets see if I can remember everyone that was there that day.....
Buckle
Jack
Sonny
Lockwood
Mike
Tj
TJ's Bro
Brad Ford
Kevin Corbett
Kevin Smith
Pete
Nick Arbeitman
Arturo
Jamie Danger
Mike Enos

Is all that comes to mind.

Here is the deal with it Keizer.

20 holes.  Homie calls each hole (Homie is the loser from the previous week) Generally the course called, plus 2 additional holes.  Sometimes it is safari, but only on days where it doesn't interfere with everyone elses game.

Each hole is $1 from everyone.  One winner (singles most all times)  One tie all tie, until someone wins it all.

You can HECKLE anyone at anytime with the exception of their drive.

You LOSE a stroke for getting in the way of a disc between the player and the basket, and the player gets to throw again.  This is unlike the rules for another league that they HIT YOU ON PURPOSE to give you strokes.  In other words be a gentleman and get out of the direct line, you may ask the player move prior to putting.  Intentional hits of players results in you gaining a stroke.

$5 for the best overall score.

Each hole is paid first then teed up.

The Loser becomes HOMIE, and they must take the box home and display it prominently until they have beaten the next Homie the following week.....NOT 18 MONTHS LATER!!!!!!!

Most of the time it must displayed on your TV to feel shame.

Homie calls the next location and the race begins.

You also do not go by your name, you must go by an Animal name.  Once you lose, you must engrave your name in the box that Homie has and mark it each susequent time you take him home.  Homie does have a Barbie with him, so if you have a partner that week, one gets Homie, and the other gets Barbie.

The initial rule was that no pro's could play Homie.  We discussed it last night and were thinking about a ratings cap of 975 or 950, but then we played cards.

Homie has been a lost art.  There used to be a Hawaii Homie, where it was $5/hole $20 overall.....but that has not happened in years....though I would be game.......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

DrRyan

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 05:06:31 PM »
If there is a homie round while I am back Dec. 24 - Jan 1. I am game just say when and where.  It sure was nice to skin 8 holes at BV just before leaving the states!  Obviously over the holidays it may be difficult but if it happens I will be there.
Put down your shiny new speedy driver and learn to throw the Roc!

Keizer

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 05:28:08 PM »
Geezus, somebody was pretty high when they dreamed that up. Sounds like a great time!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 09:24:25 AM »
Sorry, that was
Roo that posted that....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mantis

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 10:07:08 PM »
HOMIE ON SUNDAY THE 21ST IS AT WATER WORKS>>>>>>> COME AND HAVE FUN AT 9am
Steve Dresser
816-914-9395

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 11:49:36 PM »
Mantis you must also call everybody on the call list if its still in the box. That is if the #'s are the same.
I have a few people I can call like Buckle.
BTW Jack, I was there. Arturo was not playing Homie then. I can't think of anyone else. Also the last time Homie was being played, pros were playing. It was supposed to be for Advanced Am's ONLY!!
Once it is up for grabs we need some stricter rules to keep him more active. Like if you fail to play him for no reason for a continous period there will be a stiff fine.  $100!! And if so agreed upon by the peers of disc golfers, it may be higher for extended periods!! Fines could be put towards The Worlds or different charities or a donation to The Ice Bowl or to the club. $25 will be pulled from the fine for payment of skins and best round for the next time  it is played. Just like Mantis SHOULD have an extra $25 this Sunday. Tell your brother you spent his $25 Christmas present you were getting him.

The best Homie day I ever had was when we had 12 counting me. We were playing Down Under. No skins had been hit and I hit a hole in one on 8. I won $88 for the skins plus $55 for the people that witnessed it. Then I won 4 more skins somewhere else on the course. That was $44. I deducted my dollar for each hole. Plus I had worst score and took Homie home. I was happy as Hell!! Can anybody top that!! Not meaning money and best round. I mean hitting good money and still taking Homie home. I think I was the first and only to do that. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Well I called Buckle and Mike Lockwood but good luck getting people to show up in  20 below wind chill factor.
We won't be mad if you picked a different Sunday.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 11:33:22 AM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover

Mantis

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 04:47:25 PM »
I will be there tommorrow so we'll see who else is....
Steve Dresser
816-914-9395

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 11:35:16 AM »
you called it off but then changed your mind last night??? if you were going to do it anyway you should have never called it off. i called everybody back i previously told about it and told them it was off. now if no one shows you cannot say anything about anyone but yourself.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 11:55:52 AM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover