Author Topic: Snowman Open - Olathe - Jan 1st  (Read 4023 times)

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Flock Kaw Chalka
    • View Profile
Re: Snowman Open - Olathe - Jan 1st
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 11:23:01 AM »
YEAH!  And what happens if you have one master, one am and one int on your team?

I doubt there are divisions for this event.
DaBirdFatha
Bird > Word
Flockers Unite

Cliff

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 12:17:24 PM »
I didn't know. I have never played in any Tournament, just for fun or any other. Didn't know if there would be divisions. Sounds like fun and wanted to try to find a team to play in this. I have not been playing very long and don't know a lot of people to even try to get a team together. Guess I can just come out and see if a team needs a player.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 12:21:00 AM »
Is this 2 rounds? It would be nice knowing how prepaired to be for the weather and lunch between rounds.
Steven Disc Glover

born2shimmer

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 02:30:42 AM »
Is this 2 rounds? It would be nice knowing how prepaired to be for the weather and lunch between rounds.
With the announced starting time being 1:00, and the days still relatively short...it doesn't seem likely that there will be time for 2 rounds....but I could be wrong.

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 11:34:45 AM »
You're right, there will only be 1 round. We'll do a shotgun start at 1:00. Hopefully we have a bunch of guys come. Which will mean it may be a longer day. So I doubt there would be time to play 2 rounds. But I may stick around after the tourny to play some more if others can.

Also, if you have been dubbed a "ringer" you can still come out and play. But you have to pay double.  :)  Or just put me on your team and we'll call it even. But seriously, its cool whatever level you are at, just come out and play. I'm not that worried about it. Its just for fun anyway. With only 5 bucks on the line it won't be a big deal.

There won't be any divisions. We thought about that, but since it is an open tournament we figured it was easiest just to have everyone come out and play on the same level. So even if you know you won't win, it will still be fun to come throw some discs. And as of now, the weather may actually be nice for us.
Let me know if you have any more questions. I look forward to meeting you guys. My name is Anthony, so just look for me when you get to the course. We;'ll be at the picnic tables by #18 pin.
PDGA 39363

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2008, 06:12:08 PM »
When I first started playing the club picnic had a triples round. The attempt was to team up a more advanced player, a semi-advanced player and a beginner. It was helpful being on the same team of more advanced players to get pointers and make you wanna get out more to practice. Just a suggestion.
Steven Disc Glover

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 01:59:40 PM »
That I know of, there should be between 5-10 from Topeka attending.  Look forward to it and we will see everyone tomorrow.

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 06:51:08 PM »
I think I heard correctly that there was 80 people today for this one!  Great weather and great company!  Look forward to next year.

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 08:18:46 AM »
thanks to all who put this on.  great way to spend new years day.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 08:58:04 AM »
I had a great time guys.

I noticed there was mention of 2 flights yesterday for future Snowman Open tournaments.
Possibly make it 2 rounds. After the first round pair up similar score teams and split the field in half.
Steven Disc Glover

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 09:28:08 AM »
I would imagine they would keep it as a one round event... I know if they would have started at 10am and had two rounds it def would have effected attendence considering most had a late night... at least I know I wouldn't have been there!  Most likely the flights will be done similar to a ball golf scramble.  When all the cards have been handed in there would be a cutoff line between the two flights (20 teams, 10 in first, 10 in second) and they would pay the first couple spots in eacch flight.  This is the best way to do it so you don't have people throw their first round and tear it up second round.  It basically makes it a guessing game for those around the cut line.  9th place gets screwed and 10th place gets lucky!  We do our ice bowl in topeka this same way.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 10:10:02 AM »
I like that concept
Steven Disc Glover

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 09:41:18 PM »
Yeah, that is exactly how we plan to do it next year.

Thanks for coming out yesterday. It was better than we expected. And congrats to the winners. We had some great competition out there. Hope to see even more out next year! Let me know of any other stuff going on or if you guys have any questions. Thanks!

Anthony
PDGA 39363