Author Topic: night in the ruts  (Read 7336 times)

Keizer

Re: night in the ruts
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 09:45:31 PM »
That would be pretty sweet indeed - if the only time you could get busted for doing something wrong was if a cop was there "witnessing the act" -  ::) Good plan.

I was speaking purely in terms of the type of "crime" that happened here. If the guy had made it out of the park before the cops got there, do you think they would have launched an investigation into it or something? (Reminds me of Big Lebowski: "Leads? Yeah, we got leads, we got a couple of detectives working on it right now. Leads...")

I'll check into the radar gun, Barney, and you only get one bullet too while you're out on patrol. ;D

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 09:53:43 PM »
PS - Do you know where I could get a radar gun?

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: right in the nuts
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 11:03:59 PM »
The cop chose to issue a ticket...not that a warning wouldn't have had an impact. 

Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

gtr

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 11:41:06 PM »
Crime?? What crime? There was no crime happening here - just a good ole boy takin his girl out for a spin around the golf course with his bass boat attatched to his truck in the winter - then some dad gummed "good citizen" and to go and call the poe-lease on him - dang - comon dude, why's everyone gotta be hatin' on him, just live and let live, didn't kill anyone........ etc etc etc ... yawn..... 

JS

"We are living in the midst of a Creation that is mostly mysterious - that even when visible, is never fully imaginable".
-Wendell Berry-

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 10:06:12 AM »
I would have to say that to me it sounds like the guy thought his big wheel could do off roading in a public park which we work very hard to keep nice for our Disc Golf game.  I am glad to see that someone will come out and take care of people doing things that damage our parks.  Boy if other parks like Cliff Drive and Blue Valley had that kind of response time I think our parks would be a better place.  I think that it's silly to argue that the golfers who called and reported someone tearing up their course as being a DICK.   

#1 - I am THE dick.  There shall be no other dicks before me unless properly named or proven to be such. 

#2 - Call the cops.. Please.  Continue to do so.  Keep our parks clean and beautiful. 

#3 - If the cop felt that this act required a ticket and not just a nudge to get the truck out then obvisouly this guy was doing something he should not have been doing.  And I agree.  Those poor old people who live at that park area shouldn't have to pay for this jaggoffs decision making.  I always side with the golfer who has the courses best interest at heart.  GOOD JOB and keep up the good work.  I think we should stop talking about it at this point because its the same conversation over and over. 
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Keizer

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 05:25:28 PM »
After sleeping on it I'm sorry I even posted in this thread. You're right, Dick, about the course's best interests being at heart when this went down, and that's what should have mattered most to me. Personally, I only call the fuzz over extreme emergencies, and I'm not sure park grass being torn up constitutes an emergency.

Be that as it may, I said I wasn't there so I shouldn't have passed judgment on anyone as if I was there.  Sorry guys.

*kumbaya, my lord, kumbaya*

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 09:24:02 AM »
I don't usually take the time to click on every link, but since this came from Nivek I just KNEW it had to be good :)
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 12:37:32 PM »
After sleeping on it I'm sorry I even posted in this thread. You're right, Dick, about the course's best interests being at heart when this went down, and that's what should have mattered most to me. Personally, I only call the fuzz over extreme emergencies, and I'm not sure park grass being torn up constitutes an emergency.

Be that as it may, I said I wasn't there so I shouldn't have passed judgment on anyone as if I was there.  Sorry guys.

*kumbaya, my lord, kumbaya*

I just like to argue personally.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

Keizer

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 01:18:44 PM »
Well, you are the Dick. But really, the "at heart" statement was about as true as it gets.

Keizer

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2008, 01:46:10 PM »
Tracy, I think you need to replace the batteries in your sarcasm detection meter... ;D

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 03:56:51 PM »
nerd
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 06:23:50 PM »

No, you don't. :)

{Insert Monty Python argument clinic sketch here}
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 11:23:05 PM »

No, you don't. :)

{Insert Monty Python argument clinic sketch here}

Kevin Montgomery