Author Topic: Traffic / Usage  (Read 1285 times)

joebquint

Traffic / Usage
« on: January 10, 2009, 02:01:48 PM »
Over the past year I have noticed a steady increase number of players on the DG course. Through the summer only 1 or 2 players would ever be out at any given time.

On nice winter days I have seen many back to back groups.

Joe

Keizer

Re: Traffic / Usage
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 03:42:48 PM »
Not as many ticks and not as much poison ivy when it's cold out... ;)

gusgotts

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 12:25:55 PM »
A LOT of traffic on that course now, it's in a part of the metro area with a lot of high school and college-age players.

ernst

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 08:25:52 AM »
I'm starting to like the course all except the last few holes...I usually just skip 

but yeah, you can just take your time out there and there's a couple entertaining obstacles that force you to get creative.

dogundertheporch

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 11:15:27 AM »
I think there is more traffic now because the grass is not 4feet high and the fairways are more than 10feet wide. If it gets bad again this summer everyone will play somewhere else.

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 01:50:59 PM »
I'm starting to like the course all except the last few holes...I usually just skip 

but yeah, you can just take your time out there and there's a couple entertaining obstacles that force you to get creative.

I would argue the last three holes are a few of the better:
16 - one of the longer holes on the course, takes a well places 's' shot
17 - short, all uphill, all anhyzer to a blind basket
18 - relatively short, routine hyzer to a blind pin.

Like most of the holes at this course, when the pads come, they could be stretched another 50, 75, 100'

www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 06:21:01 PM »
16 is actually one of my favorite holes on the back side of the course.  I like how the entire left side of that fairway is defined by a tree line.   It's downhill, so it plays a bit shorter than it actually is, but there are trees to navigate off the tee, and the wind is normally a headwind, which flips a righty into that disc eating tall grass.

17 has never exited me.  18 has some nasty additional pin possibilities.  You could push it farther and up to the left, or (my favorite) into the clearing on the other side of the far treeline, probably 200' past the current pin.

ernst

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 07:27:05 AM »
I would argue the last three holes are a few of the better:

I should have clarified, I'm just out there to walk the dog and throw some discs when Rosedale is too packed.  by the time I start heading back to parking, I don't feel like doing a zig zag up and down a hill. that's all....

It's a great walk that somewhat follows a path back to parking until you get to the end.