Author Topic: Blue Springs Course Status: Young Park  (Read 867 times)

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
Blue Springs Course Status: Young Park
« on: January 15, 2009, 11:59:53 AM »
THREE CHEERS! Has anyone in our group spoken with them, or reviewed the land? This is adjacent to Blue Springs South H.S.

Looks like we'll need a new Home Thread on the forum :)

http://www.examiner.net/homepage/x512388684/Blue-Springs-receives-grant-for-disc-golf-park
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Springs Course Status: Young Park
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 12:02:07 PM »
 8)
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »
Righter said preliminary work has already begun, specifically the course layout. He said his department is already utilizing the city’s geographic information system, a new feature that lets city planners (and developers) manipulate the geography.

“Using the technology will prevent us from having to bid that out, which is a savings,” Righter said.

They are spending $110,000 on the course and want to save money on the course design by doing it themselves?  This is the most critical part of the future of the course and one of the least expensive parts.  Great to get another course, but I hope they could think twice about contacting a qualified course designer.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 01:40:01 PM »
Or at least me!
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Keizer

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 09:52:33 AM »
In addition, students in the school district will pour concrete for the two launch pads, eliminating costly labor.

They mean "two launch pads per hole", right?

BTW, the guy who designed the course at Yates, our very own John Theiss, is also in on this project.

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 01:37:54 PM »
They want a design for free.  I'm sure people would be glad to volunteer their efforts.  Staying in contact about it is better than not.  If they are still taking input on the course design, considering the budget and size of the area, I would suggest a few challenging par 4's for the course to make it compatible with other great courses of the future.

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 02:54:52 PM »
They want a design for free.  I'm sure people would be glad to volunteer their efforts.  Staying in contact about it is better than not.  If they are still taking input on the course design, considering the budget and size of the area, I would suggest a few challenging par 4's for the course to make it compatible with other great courses of the future.

John Theiss has been in on this project, and he works for the Blue Springs School District.

Rick has also been in contact with Roscoe Righter over the last few months, so we're on it.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 09:57:21 PM »
Sweet. That's a heckuva job getting that kind of grant.  Knee-jerk reaction comment on the design issue on my part.  Glad to hear you guys get to play a hand in that.