Author Topic: Shawnee Mission Park Event  (Read 7369 times)

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
Shawnee Mission Park Event
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2005, 05:02:29 PM »
Three that was all huh wish I could have made it but I was sleeping to much overtime damn the man getting rich off my back.. :)
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2005, 10:50:32 AM »
Post the scores!  :D

I had a great time, and really enjoyed the course!  This course is going to be a nice addition to the KC area DG scene.

One thing worth mentioning that I thought was really cool, was while we were waiting for all the other groups to make it in after the first round, a guy drove up parked his car and hopped out with his DG bag.  We told him the 2nd round wasn't going to start for another hour or so, and he told us that he was just driving by and saw the baskets that he had heard rumors about.  So he went home grabbed his bag and headed back up to play.

Thanks Dirk for all the work you've put in to making this course happen!  Now when do we get to permanetly put those baskets in?  :)

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

Dirk

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2005, 02:19:37 PM »
Saturdays round of disc golf at Shawnee Mission Park went very well. Considering the fact that the rain blanketed each side of the round I think we were fortunate that mother nature allowed us to play the morning round rain free.

It was a great time and I was very glad to finally be able to actually play the course. I am very excited by the opportunities that the land presents. There were some very good points taken on the layout form several players, especially Dan Coffman.  I have gotten positive feedback on the way the course flowed. There are a few tweaks that I would have changed (most of the comments were about not using all of 5’s fairway), but overall the course played very cohesively.

This also opened my eyes to the fact that there is still tons of work to be done to get the course into the kind of shape where we might start considering putting baskets in. I know of several holes that I would like to start working on this fall when the brush and bugs are easier to deal with. It is very important that to develop a group of volunteers to help get this park in shape, so don't be suprised when I call on you for help!

Your participation in the first run, whether it was coming out for the workday or for the event, will go a long way in letting the JoCo parks people know we are ready  and willing to implement a permanent disc golf course. A special thanks to Dan Cashen for making this day run smoothly. Dan provided and transported a good number of the baskets we used for the event. Also thanks to Mike Penney for being at both the workday and arriving early to help set up/take down the course.  

For a first run I think things flowed quit nicely , Thanks to those who came out to enjoy the course. As Randy  Knight said, this was a historic day that was many years in the making. We had 24 people playing in 4 divisions.  I am sure when Rick and Duffy were playing a round they kicked up some old ghost of the first Wide Open.  Mark Martin shot the hot round with a 55.

Open –
55 – Mark Ma
56 – Kevin C
57 – Chad W
57 – Dick P
58 – Dirk H
61 – Tavish S
62 – Bryan G

Masters –
60 – House
61 – Dan C
62 – Max H
65 – RR
67 – Duffy
68 – Charlie

Advanced –
58 – Ben T
60 – Matt B
65 – Mike G
69 – Mike P
76 - Greg E

Intermediate –
61 – Dennis
66 – Dave L
70 – Geoff
75 – Dave P
79 – Chad H
90 – Dan A

I look forward to the continuing development of disc golf in Shawnee Mission Park. I will keep posting information on the course as I receive it. I hope that our efforts this year will lead to baskets being approved in the coming year. I will keep everyone posted.

Cheers!
Dirk

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2005, 03:03:13 PM »
Thanks Dirk, and a special thanks to Dan Cashen.....this guy is something else, he was working on both SM park and at Blue Valley at the same time. Now that is what I call dedication!
Mike Penney

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
Need volunteers?
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2005, 04:45:30 PM »
Does the KCFDC have a mailing list?
I don't have time to check back here all the time, just wondering
if there was a way to email us in avnce whenyou are looking form volunteers?  I woudl have like to been at SMP.
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

joeharr

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2005, 04:05:44 PM »
goodness it seems a burr has been placed again under someone's saddle
I loved the variety of the KC courses, with some practice two straight shots will become a long dogleg single shot type thingy- if yer lucky
lots of OB with the road at WW, and learnin to land 'em on those hills will give you touch- they can be very harzardous to your score, big arm or not
this is a game of inches (shame some can't use the 6 between their ears) so when your schuling in the rough and balancing the need to get out with the want to get closer, well golf has once again visited you, big arm or not
most fun wins, big arm or not
I have a pretty average arm, wyco humbled me, BV would too I know, but managing longer course layouts appeals to me, and really put less pressure on for a "perfect" drive...
I dunno, seems like somebody copped an attitude which is a shame but is part of life and golf, I control my own game out there (most fun wins) so play yer game and have fun if it makes ya happy- what others say if of no matter, big mouth or not

Flip

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2005, 08:00:04 AM »
Alright guys,  enough!

I don't know why this dead thread about an event @ SMP suddenly became a insult slingfest, but this is not the place.  

Posts have been removed, save the chest thumping for the poor guy that cuts you off in traffic.

Joe... don't feed the trolls ;-)

-Sean