Author Topic: 2009- What number ya got?  (Read 14440 times)

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2009- What number ya got?
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2009, 01:47:34 PM »
This might be a dumb question, but can someone who is not a KCFDC member get a bag tag. I have some friends that don't play leagues, but have expressed interest in getting tags so they can compete with me and other guys who have tags.
PDGA 39363

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2009, 02:44:47 PM »
This might be a dumb question, but can someone who is not a KCFDC member get a bag tag. I have some friends that don't play leagues, but have expressed interest in getting tags so they can compete with me and other guys who have tags.

nope, gotta be a kcfdc member to get a tag.  at least as far as i know.

Deano

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2009, 03:10:07 PM »
IMO at all KCFDC weekly minis the tags should all go in to the director before the round, and re-distributed based on score, with no divisional seperation.  :P

Good job Brian. Where ya playin next? ;D

if it rains the rest of the week like it's supposed to, #1 will be back in play at swope next week.  i would offer it up this weekend, but i will be occupied with family stuff.

By family stuff... He means Slant and I...

IMO IDGAF!

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2009, 03:45:56 PM »

...and the 'rules' of tags say you are supposed to plays leagues or a local event (tourney etc) once a month, at least they did at one point?
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2009, 11:32:36 PM »

...and the 'rules' of tags say you are supposed to plays leagues or a local event (tourney etc) once a month, at least they did at one point?
David,
That was if you had a low #. I am unable to play monthly but I have a tag. Its been challenged a few times but yet to change hands.
Steven Disc Glover

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2009, 08:55:54 AM »

David,
That was if you had a low #. I am unable to play monthly but I have a tag. Its been challenged a few times but yet to change hands.
[/quote]

There was discussion in a thread about modifying #6 but this was the latest I could find?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Tags must be attached to bags in a visible location and carried at all times.

2. You MUST play with other tag holders on your card at any KCFDC event. Off-card challenges should be limited to one individual choice, you can accept or decline off-card challenges.  Off-card challenges will be settled after on-card challenges.

3. You may not hide or withhold a tag when you have a lower number.

4. If you have to leave during a challenge round for any reason you will forfeit your tag and graciously accept the highest numbered tag in the group.

5.  If you lose your tag you may be able to PURCHASE a new one depending upon availability, you must also notify a member of the EC if tag 1-10 is lost.

6. If you have a tag you must try to play in one club event each month.
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2009, 09:21:26 AM »
Those were the original rules that were established a couple years ago when I took over and brought tags back to the club.

Short, sweet and simple, I think those rules should still apply..and even more so for glover...as much time as he spends on this forum he should be able to come up with one day out of the month to play in a league or other club event.

As in all types of competition you will have those people who do not adhere to the rules and just blow them off....which can not be helped, but those will also be the type of people I would not enjoy playing a round of golf with, so they can stay at home as far as I am concerned.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2009, 11:08:38 AM »
If you were in my shoes you would be scrambling for extra time to play like I do. Thats why you rarely see me on the course. I work nights plus am either playing Homie or some tournament on most weekends unless I go out of town or something which is the main reason I miss alot of tournaments too. I play when i can. It aint like #112 is very coveted. Plus if I did have a low # I would gladly take any challenges during the mornings during the week as long as i was done playing by about 1:30 PM. I am taking challenges on my current # if anyone wants to try me. I'm sure I am not the only one who misses alot of leagues due to other circumstances but at least I do play my tag when I can.
Steven Disc Glover

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2009, 03:18:19 PM »
I took a big jump Tuesday at Swope moving from #24 to #17  ;)  Thanks, Ted  ;D  I need to bring you a couple shirts to dye   8)

~Pin High~
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

tedkeith

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2009, 04:21:43 PM »
I took a big jump Tuesday at Swope moving from #24 to #17  ;)  Thanks, Ted  ;D  I need to bring you a couple shirts to dye   8)

~Pin High~

Sure, take my tag and then want me to dye shirts for ya. Hmmm... I think I still have some of that Bubble Gum Pink dye.  ;)

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2009, 04:52:29 PM »
Wait a minute pardner, no Double Jeopardy here  ::)  You paid, and I'm willing to pay too  ;D  I just "might" make WW next Thursday...
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2009, 02:30:42 PM »
We did have a rule that was the top 1-10 tags were to be played at least once a month in a league activity.  Now as a person that left St. Louis last year with #3 its hard to imagine that I would make it stick....I did though return to St. Louis and give it back up for circulation late in the year...

Bottom line, you shuold be playing if you have a low # tag, but realistically, I think that the plan for giving out the first 30 to regluar players has truly seen a better tag swap than in years past.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2009, 06:32:48 PM »
From 112 to 170. Witnessed Bruce's Ace on our last hole to play for league at Swope and that cost me an extra $5.
Steven Disc Glover

lucky4ever247

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2009, 09:48:11 PM »
Hate to say it but I went from 29 to 200 bout a month back..
Beat that spread timko.

btw thats not funny
RELAX!!!   I do All my own stunts!!!!!

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2009, 10:31:35 PM »
I can't.  I went from 200 to 30.  :D.