Author Topic: Hospitality  (Read 1120 times)

Becky S

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Hospitality
« on: February 24, 2009, 10:21:12 AM »
Hospitality refers to the reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers, with liberality and goodwill. It’s also known as the act of generously providing care and kindness to whomever is in need.

As the Worlds Championships approach, we here in the Kansas City metro area have the opportunity to make this the best Worlds…EVER… by practicing that hospitality. We will be receiving visitors from other countries, who are making an extraordinary effort to be here. For those who have some extra space to share, this would be a great opportunity to meet new connections and make new friends. You never know when YOU may be traveling to a new country.

If you have room to host a player or two, or ten (or if you have friends who need more friends)…please PM me here or email me at borntoshimmer2003@yahoo.com.

Help us make Kansas City a place where people can't wait to come back and play!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 06:34:47 PM by Becky S »

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
Re: Hospitality
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 03:12:50 PM »
Becky, a question was recently posed by one Dr. Ace Mason in Wichita...

"Dr. Peter Shive is trying to get the Worlds purse & hospitality for Senior Div. players increased.  I have talked to him & Jerry (in Topeka) about trying to get local players to house &/or transport these geezers around for the event.  What do you think?  Is this something we can help out with? "

Of course since they're both DOCTORs, this may be a sham. All I know is if I'm not careful with my exercise routine, I'll be needing a doctor!
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

FLEX

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 05:00:18 PM »
boy i would sure like to know if anyone would be wiling to take in an Advanced Am guy from Boise Idaho.  A couple of my fellow potato pickers that are qualified are not going to make due to $ issues.  So i would love a couch to crash on.

Ill buy groceries and chip in any other way needed.

thanks Jeremiah #33009

Becky S

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 06:38:38 PM »
I did a bit of editing on my original post, to reflect the priority we have of find housing for our overseas players who have to make an extraordinary effort to be here.

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 01:29:19 PM »
Cheap one-way airfare on AirTran http://www.dealstop.com/jump.asp?jump_type_cd=LINK&link_id=46840... Example to/from KC - Atlanta $74, Columbus $79, San Antonio $94 (buy B4 3/26, fly B4 10/30) - just in time for Worlds '009
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

dgolfreak60

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 07:40:40 PM »
hello everyone, Im trying to locate a fellow discer to arrange a place to stay during Worlds. Im from Spokane and the local economy as well as I, have taken a hit in the pocket book.  I cannot attend Worlds if I dont.  My name is Darrell Prunty #2659.

Thank you for your assistance   

Yours truely, Darrell
                                                                                               dgolfreak60@mail.com