Author Topic: Benefit Disc Golf Day - Sat, March 7th - Lawrence  (Read 609 times)

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Benefit Disc Golf Day - Sat, March 7th - Lawrence
« on: February 26, 2009, 01:14:48 PM »
With a heavy heart I want to let you all know some sad news about one of our local DG'ing brothers:

Brian Iron Whiteman, of Lawrence, KS, lost his wife of nearly 10 years, Jennifer Iron Whiteman, to an unexpected illness on Feb 11th.  Brian will be raising their 6 kids and we wish him the best.

On Saturday, March 7th there will be a BENEFIT DISC GOLF DAY for Brian Iron Whiteman and his family at Centennial Disc Golf Course/Park in Lawrence.
Random Doubles will Tee Off at 11AM. 

The format is casual so that anyone can contribute.  DG'ers can play singles on their own card if they wish, OR, we will have a Random Doubles format (with discs as prizes) teeing off at 11am.  I'll be there by 9am to accept contributions and organize the Random Doubles.

A $10 contribution is requested...but any amount contributed will allow anyone to participate.  Those who would wish to donate discs for prizes will be much appreciated.

For those who don't know Brian, he is a super nice guy with a heart of gold.  He is an avid DG'er and tournament pool player.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve doc Norby

PS  I'm reposting this news here and fully realize there are 2 league events this day.  My reasoning for choosing this date is to allow the KDGA'ers who know Brian to be able to participate as they may already be in town for the Kan~U~WyCo Tournament.
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

chickenfeet

Re: Benefit Disc Golf Day - Sat, March 7th - Lawrence
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 07:50:57 PM »
Man that is some rough stuff, I'll keep him in my thoughts.  And its real cool of you to put the benefit on for him

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 10:04:15 AM »
I hope anyone who reads this thread will not think of "themselves" by attending a league to possibly RECEIVE something but instead attend this benefit to GIVE to a fellow disc golfer in dire need and support!!!!!!
Steven Disc Glover

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 11:07:40 AM »
Please spread the word on this to your disc golf brethren. We need word of mouth to get a crowd out there. It should be fun and there will be prizes. But the biggest prize will be in knowing you did something good for a fellow disc golfer in need.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 05:01:16 PM »
~ bump, for a good cause in Lawrence ~

8) If anyone aiming to attend tomorrow morning that can bring printed scorecards - I'd very much appreciate using them.  8)
My printer is currently down for the count.  Thanks!
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!