Author Topic: 2nd Annual Capital City Classic  (Read 3745 times)

lsdiscsNeileo

2nd Annual Capital City Classic
« on: March 09, 2009, 01:50:58 PM »
KDGA Oz Tour Event-PDGA C-Tier Event
LSdiscs 2nd annual Capital City Classic
April 4th, Saturday
2 Rounds-Crestview Park & Big Shunga
8:00am registration-9:30am players meeting @ Crestview-10:00am start

Open Div.-$40
Advanced-$30
Intermediate-$25
Rec/Novice-$20
Ace Fund-$3

*Standard $10 PDGA fee applies to all non-PDGA members*

CTP prizes  All amatuer entrants will receive a players pack with entry.

If anyone is interested in sponsoring a hole(s) we will post your info/logo on the tournament handouts as well as on the hole(s) tee signs.  One hole is $15, or 2 holes for $20.

For more information call:
Bren Nordgren 785-608-8688
Lars Norgdren 785-220-1226
or email at lsdiscs@sbcglobal.net
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 01:53:55 PM by lsdiscsNeileo »

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
Re: 2nd Annual Capital City Classic
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 02:17:14 PM »
Two-fer-the-price-of-one  ;D
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 10:34:40 AM »
The 2nd Annual Capital City Classic?  Hmmm?  I thought this tournament has been around for years.  Maybe the second one for LSDiscs?

Anyway, who all is heading to the Capital City?

--Tom
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 10:45:42 AM »
That's correct, Tom. I know I've played the CCC at least 15 times... "Take Me To Topeka"...  8)

If I don't head to STL for my cousin's wedding, I'll be playing CCC once again.
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
2009 Capital City Classic
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 09:28:35 PM »
Sorry about the mis posting, this isn't the 2nd CCC.  Every thing else on the flyer is correct.  We will be playing the first round at Crestview Park which will be set up in the Gold Course pin positions.  The second round will be played at big shunga park as playing in the mighty shunga tournament.  All amatuers will get a tourney stamped disc with their entry.  We are taking registration for the tourney now and you can sign up online at pdga @ http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1236835526 , or email me @ lsdiscs@sbcglobal.net.  Hope to see you all on the 4th!  

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 12:52:46 PM »
The pre-registration list is up here
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8818

I have been informed that the  pdga signup isn't working properly, so let me know if you plan on attending the event by email if possible @ carlbren@sbcglobal.net, or lsdiscs@sbcglobal.net. The courses haven't been set up yet due to all the rain/snow we've had. We will likely be setting it up later this week and will post on here when we do. Hope to see everyone this weekend!

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »
We have most of the course at Big Shunga set up and hope to have it completed by the end of the day.  We were trying for last weekend, but with the 6" of snow... not so much.  Rain this week has been postponing it until now.  The crestview gold layout will be setup on friday afternoon for play. 

Signup will be at the crestview shelterhouse on saturday morning starting at 8am, with the first round starting at 10am at crestview.  We will have 1 hour between the last group finishing the first round to the start of the second round.  Second round will be played at Big Shunga Park which is at the corner of MacVicar and 29th street in topeka. 

Following the second round, we will have our awards ceremony at Pigskins Bar and Grill.  I was unsure on the weather so needed to do something indoors and the crestview shelter was rented out for that afternoon.  We have the whole loft rented out.  Pigskins, also named Boss Hawgs is located right across the street from Big Shunga in the Brookwood Shopping Center.  We will have a bar b q buffet for any interested which will include smoked meat (pork, beef), beans, french fries, and soft drinks for $10 for any interested.  I will be collecting money for the buffet at registration as I need to let them know that morning how many plates to include.  If you don't want the buffet, you can order off the menu as you please or eat elsewhere.  The bar has a ton of flatscreen and projector tvs for any interested in watching the basketball games that evening.   Should be a great time!

REgistration is at 72 people as of this morning and we will likely be capping this event at 90 so we can keep everyone at the same course for both rounds.  Please contact me to reserve your spot, or if you have questions about registration. 

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 09:45:03 AM »
Adv Masters?

looks like you're signed up for the Rec division Doug.

Didn't you just win your first PDGA tourney ever in Rec?  The bags of sand are heavy on this Jedi already!  ;D

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 09:52:03 AM »
We are working on getting another scorepoint so that in the event we go over 90 players, we will play both courses both rounds.  This way we won't have to turn anyone down.  Still though, if you plan on attending, please let me know. 

Both courses are ready to play today.  Big shunga is missing two baskets, but will be out there by early afternoon and will be fully ready.  The crestview gold course will have a slight tweak to it as the down under hole is a muddy mess and won't be used...

Holes 1-7 play normal (hole 7 used to be 8 tee to 9 basket)
Hole 8- 8 tee to 10 short basket
Hole 9- 11 tee to 14 basket
Hole 10- Normal 15 long
Hole 11- 16 tee to 17 basket

The rest of the holes are as we have played in the past.  I will have maps and notes for everyone tomorrow and will go over the changes in the players meeting.  There is some standing water on the courses and will play as casual. 

Hope to see everyone tomorrow!

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 01:18:11 PM »
seeing as the ratings are higher in Int, I find it humorous that you're asking me to step up.

your name was on the Rec list this morning, must've been what you signed up for first.   i'm just saying what i saw.

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 01:33:30 PM »
Hey Guys:  Disc Golf's supposed to be fun right?  :-)

Looking forward to tomorrow.  It's gonna be a good time.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 01:41:20 PM »
Since the ratings guidelines shifts last in 08, Intermediate isn't a sandbagging division.  Sure, if you're winning every tournament and right on the border to the Advanced division (935 and above) then you might catch some s**t, but honestly, a lot of guys that were doing OK in advanced prior to 2008 have moved back to the Int division as they were tired of donating to the established Advanced players.

I was just pulling your leg Doug.  If you had signed up for Novice, then you REALLY would've heard some sandbagging calls.

Truthfully, if you look at the ratings of people signed up, the Adv Masters rosters will resemble the Intermediate rosters.  You'll get good competition in either division, it just depends if you want to play with the "old dudes" or not.  ;D

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 02:36:56 PM »
nope.

the ratings are derived from the total pool of scores of all competitors of that specific round.

if an open player shoots a 54 during a round and you shoot a 54 during the same round, the ratings will be the same.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 02:41:10 PM »
nope.

the ratings are derived from the total pool of scores of all competitors of that specific round.

if an open player shoots a 54 during a round and you shoot a 54 during the same round, the ratings will be the same.

I hate to side with a Steeler's fan...but I bet when he signs up to play a tourney or says he'll be somewhere he actually follows through with it and doesn't back out just because he worked out a little or moved baskets.  Now go back to balancing on your fence!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 02:42:33 PM »
never said i wasn't going for sure you goofball.  you're going to mess around and guilt trip me into going.