Author Topic: 2nd Annual Capital City Classic  (Read 7147 times)

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
Re: 2nd Annual Capital City Classic
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 02:44:48 PM »
Need a ride? I'm leaving Indep Square by 7:30, picking up Loomis at WYCO at 8:15. Roadtrip  8)
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2017: 107, 24, 16
2016: 1, 3, 18, 6
DD: 7, 108
2015: 3,2,39,2,66,33,3
2014: 3/57
2013: 4
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Flock Kaw Chalka
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 02:46:52 PM »
Looks like all the cool kids will be in Topeka tomorrow.....guess that means you better stay here Palmer!  :o
DaBirdFatha
Bird > Word
Flockers Unite

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Flock Kaw Chalka
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 03:13:37 PM »
Tomorrow: A mix of clouds and sun with the chance of an isolated thunderstorm in the afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High near 70F. Winds SE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

GREAT WEATHER!!! Yeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhh BABY...

Can ya tell i'm a tad E X C I T E D?

Don't jinx it fool!
DaBirdFatha
Bird > Word
Flockers Unite

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 04:54:51 PM »
don't know if i'll be there or not.

i'm not ignoring you, just had to pick up a buddy that's in town.

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 05:01:35 PM »
I've been hearing grumblins of how much I am "sand baggin", so I'll put a stop to that...I won't play in REC or INT any longer.
Touche'

When I played with you at the Kan U WyCO, we were seriously kidding. Our point was, play want you what you qualify for (once you have a PDGA ranking).

As far as I'm concerned, you picked a good division. you won by 1 stoke, certainly didn't dominate..
Had you played INT - you would have tied for 4th
Had you played ADV Masters = you would have tied for 9th.

Your call but if I was playing and you were in Rec I wouldn't consider you a bagger.

However, if I you say you goal is to improve, and that means more than winning, challenge yourself and go for intermediate....

Just my .02

Hope to see you on May 9th!!!
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 11:51:28 PM »
Looks like all the cool kids will be in Topeka tomorrow.....guess that means you better stay here Palmer!  :o

Actually, this cool kid is in Bowling Green propping up the rest of the Intermediate division....here's hoping tomorrow goes better. People are psyched up for Worlds here.  Good luck to all you in Topeka Saturday.

Chap

PS.....Folks that play Intermediate and do really well tend to raise their ratingss and have to play Advanced later on......Intermediate doesn't really have baggers in it anymore, except for perhaps for the few young guys that are on their way up fast, and they don't stay in Int. long.

Also, play in whatever division you both qualify for and will have the most fun in.  Everyone is different.  If people call you a sandbagger, bask in that glow.  It won't always be that waYy.

Chap
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 11:57:35 PM by John Chapman »
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Leo D.

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 06:27:37 AM »
Lovers Lane... White Park... Kereiakes... Hobson Grove... man BG is good golf! Go get em chappy!
iscraft Golf Discs

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 08:12:36 PM »
It wasn't you Brad....Anyway....I just got back in town from drill today and I can't do your tourney now.  My Air National Guard weekend duty dates changed and I have to cancel now.  Im sorry.  I have to go back to the base that weekend.  Things are really picking up...if ya'll catch my drift... :(

Had a great time Sat though at Cap City...did not bad in the 1st Round...if not ob twice, I would have been 2nd...and sadly I missed out 3rd due to one really really bad round...The wind gods on #1 for me when I was putting were not kindly to this fella and he struggled the next 13 holes to pick up the pieces...I almost quit...What an experience...hmmmm, back to REC maybe?

Better start learning the Afghanistan language.
Steven Disc Glover

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 02:50:39 PM »
This years Capital City Classic was a success.  We had over 100 players at a 1 day c-tier as well as 25 open men!  That's a large division for a c tier.  I wanted to take a moment and personally thank everyone who made the trip from KC and surrounding area... and there was a LOT of you!  I want to say there were close to twenty from KC at the event which is awesome.  It was extremely windy and rained at the end of the day which normally causes the casual golfer to stay at home.  This was in the forecast all week, but it didn't keep you guys away!  I guess it just goes to show what everyone already knows... KCFDC is the strongest club in the area, if not the nation!  I apologize for the small loft that we had for the awards, but with the shelter being rented that afternoon by someone else and there being rain in the forecast, needed to find someplace dry to do it.  I also wanted to thank Jack, and the KCFDC, both for letting us borrow an additional scorepoint, as well as allowing us to use this forum as a method of advertising the tournament.  Not to mention stealing precious time from the developing cliff drive course.  I hope everyone had a great time playing the courses, and hopefully next year for this event, we can have them both permanent!  Thanks again and I look forward to seeing all of you on the course soon!

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 04:26:08 PM »
Courses were great and I had a great time. Thanks for everything LSDiscs!