Author Topic: legacy league?  (Read 1199 times)

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
legacy league?
« on: March 09, 2009, 06:59:57 PM »
are we going to have a club league at legacy?
if so, do we have a day for sure?

i heard a possible friday league.
wyco is further; but rosey is probablly busier.

i love wednesday, but whatever. i also heard that the parks talked about a season that you would sign up and pay for. that would be cool, hopefully we can do both.
putt, putt, give.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: legacy league?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 08:34:15 PM »
we haven't got buyoff from the city to hold a club sponsored league out there yet.

the city is planning a league on their own.  it's $20 i believe and will run for a couple of months in the summertime.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 10:28:16 PM »
Looks like an answer....good we have too many leagues, now MOndays have 4.....let them do what they like, they move good.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 07:53:26 AM »
I wonder what there format will be, and what you get for winning/placing?
Is it possible they intentinally scheduled it on Monday's knowing there were 3 KCFDC events that night, or were they just ignorant and didn't care?  ??? It seems to me they would get better attendance and more skilled players if it was on another night. Somebody might suggest to them a different night, and to start at 6:00 instead of 6:30, but whatever.  :P

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 08:17:47 AM »
this monday night league has been in the works long before the course was complete.  I think both answers are correct, they don't know anything about running a disc golf league and they don't care about drawing a large attendance of veteran golfers.  LS parks and rec have they're own revenue and they're biggest concern is Lee's Summit and it's tax payers, and that's not a bad thing.  but these guys have been great to work with, Palmer get's one on one time with them and there's 7 days in the week.  i'm sure a good night for kcdg league will come about but it might not be very soon.

i worry more about the upkeep that bear of a park is going to demand and the man hours it will take.  that land has never been maintained and in the next few weeks it's going to go bananas.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 12:51:27 PM »
i plan on moving the baskets around fairly frequently.  just gotta get the keys from the city first.

the club and i are working with the city currently on arrangements for tournaments/leagues/etc and i will let everyone know the minute an agreement is reached.

it's been my intention all along to have league on friday, as i really don't want to compete with rosedale (KC's biggest league).  friday seemed to be the best to me as the only other league on that night is VERY far away from lee's summit.

i may help run the city's league; i volunteered my services during out meetings with the city officials, but i'm not sure if they'll take me up on my offer.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 08:57:34 AM »
I would very much be down with a Friday league. 

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 09:17:31 AM »
when you playing out there next palmer.  i'd like to take some of your extra money.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 09:19:17 AM »
i will likely be out there this weekend.  just let me know will and bring your wallet.

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 05:53:16 PM »
i want some action palmer
putt, putt, give.