Author Topic: Course Condition  (Read 2952 times)

Smack83

Course Condition
« on: August 02, 2005, 09:24:40 AM »
On your site on the course map it says "Play Holes 7 - 11 at your own risk."

Here's a quick link: http://kcfdc.org/images/CliffDriveMap.jpg

What is this talking about?  Is this old and is the course finished now?

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Course Condition
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 12:56:35 PM »
the course is still being developed, and 7-11 still need a lot of work before they are considered user friendly for everyone( that meaning my mom can walk the course). There has been a lot of work done for the last tourny,so it's in fairly good shape, it's just the walk through those hole can be hazardous.
Mike Penney

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
Machete Rule
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 01:44:29 PM »
...also be aware that taking a machete to remove poison ivy,honeysuckle and itch weed is encouraged for all those that venture down under, try to haul out what you cut!
espouse elucidation

Smack83

Course Condition
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 04:35:36 PM »
Wow!  Poison ivy, honeysuckle, itch weed...this course sounds like tons of fun!!! :lol:

tjringer

100x's better
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 10:55:26 AM »
Well actually it's 100x's better, (at least), than it originally was.  Those guys work their butts off over there :P

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Course Condition
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 09:36:09 AM »
There some improvments that have happened at the course. Holes 10 - 13 all recieved attention yesterday. It should be much more enjoyable to play there. Look for new pin placements, coming soon! Yea, no more all the way up the hill on 5!
Mike Penney

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
Course Condition
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 09:40:05 PM »
Ahhhh relief on 5 sweet!!! Where is going in by the tree?
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

Pope-Perry

Course Condition
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 12:06:34 AM »
Man did anybody see the masked beaver that tore into the hillside on hole 7? It looks like a small bomb went off down there. Well whoever it was, it looks as though some changes are coming. Sweet! Great job Jack! The course keeps looking different every time I go out there.

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Course Condition
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 09:16:01 PM »
The chains have been fixed on hole 6. Some cutting and removal of the invasive honeysuckle brush has also taken place. Jack, myself, and Jeff Campbell have taken advantage of the warm weather to change  the landscape at the course and surrounding area. If anyone is interested in lending a hand tomarrow 1-3, I will be out at the park working around holes 8, 12, and 13 after 3 p.m.
Mike Penney

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
Course Condition
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 12:16:16 AM »
Let me know when you guys are going to be out on the weekends sat. morning or sun. anytime. I have to work on sat afternoons errr all afternoon exept on sun let me know I love working on this coures it look better and better every time I play it..
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Course Condition
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 08:44:03 PM »
I finally played there today!  I really enjoyed the challenge of that course.

Nice work guys!  Now I just need to get my score down there  :oops: 69 with tons of penalties, I think I had 7 maybe 8 penalty strokes today.

Mike I lost a Tee bird in a tree on hole 8 I think if you happen to see it, it's got my name on it.

:)

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Course Condition
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 10:59:00 PM »
Mike has been busting out there for sure.  We have a lot of work to do as it looks like Cliff Drive and Blue Valley are going "Pro" this year as both make their first NT event in the Wide Open.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Course Condition
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 07:31:46 PM »
The P&R came out and cleared the massive tree that was in the way on the New Trail down hole 7 to hole 8. Lots of honeysuckle has already been cut, and just needs to be dragged down the hill. Ideally if 5 or 6 peope could make it out to help, we could have this done in a hour or two. But I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that to happen :D , so if you are out playing Cliff, please spend 10 minutes or so and drag a honeysuckle tree down.

When this area is cleared out it is going to be so awsome. It is totally going to change the way the "down under" holes play. I can't express how excited I am to see this happen.
Mike Penney