Author Topic: Swope Spring Renewal Pairs Championship - April 18 (NOT PDGA)  (Read 2266 times)

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
For an entry form: http://www.icebowlhq.com/docs/ssr09entry.pdf

Disc Golf World, in conjunction with
the Kansas City Flying Disc Club, presents the
Swope Spring Renewal Pairs Championships
Featuring the Kansas City Corporate Challenge Tune-Up

Saturday, April 18 • Swope Park Disc Golf Course • 2 Rounds of 18 Holes

This is not a PDGA-sanctioned event.

The 2009 Swope Spring Renewal will once again be a ”pairs” or doubles tournament that will feature some divisions that are a bit out of the ordinary. Also, we are happy to once again offer divisions for those Corporate Challenge competitors who want to get ready for their May 2-3 event.

Because of the experimental nature of this tournament, it’s hard to gauge what the response will be. The tournament can accommodate 54 teams. To guarantee your spot, please pre-register: http://www.icebowlhq.com/docs/ssr09entry.pdf

Divisions and Entry Fees** (All entrants receive a nested mini set from GDS):

Open: $54 per team (cash payback)
Amateur: $34 per team (prize payback)
100-Year—the combined ages of the partners must be at least 100: $30 per team (cash back)
Mixed—one male and one female: $24 (prizes)
Student—must be 18 or under and currently enrolled in school: $24 (prizes)
KC Corporate Challenge Men’s: $24 (prizes)* • KC Corporate Challenge Women’s: $24 (prizes)*
*If playing either the morning or afternoon round only, $19.
The Corporate Challenge pin settings (shorter than round 1) will be used in Round 2.

Minimum of two teams required to open a division. **$2 off for active KCDFDC members.

Ace Fund (optional): $4.00 per team. If no ace: CTP for 1/2 and 1/2 to the KCFDC.
Schedule

On Site Registration: 8:00 am - 9:15 am
Players’ meeting: ~9:50. Tee off to follow.
Lunch for sale between rounds—yummy BBQ: Prepared by Kelly Warren, feeder of hundreds of disc golfers in 2008 at the KC Wide Open, Disc Golf Day, and the H2Open.
2nd Round Tee: To Be Announced (around 2 p.m.)

****************ENTRY FORM*********************

Swope Spring Renewal Pairs Entry Form
(each partner should fill out an entry form)

Name________________________________________________________Date of Birth___________________________

Address__________________________________________________________________Phone______________________

City/State/Zip___________________________________________________Email_______________________________

Partner’s Name______________________________  All players receive a nested mini set from GDS

Division (Circle one): Open $54 per team.  Amateur $34.  100-Year $34.  Mixed $24.  Student $24.
KCCC-Men $24. KCCC Women $24. KCCC 1-Round $19 Men or Women (circle 1). AM or PM (circle 1).
Ace Pool $4 per team—Y or N.  Deduct $2 if you’re an active KCFDC member.
Total Entry and ace pool (if chosen) Amount: $____________   Count me in for lunch!___

Make checks/money order and mail to: Disc Golf World • 509 E 18th St • Kansas City MO 64108
To pay with bank card, call or stop by Disc Golf World 816.471.3472.
(The $2.00 processing fee will be waived for active Kansas City Flying Disc Club members.)

For further information, contact Rick, John, or Ted at
816.471.3472 or info@discgolfworld.com
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
Re: Swope Spring Renewal Pairs Championship - April 18 (NOT PDGA)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 11:48:17 AM »
Wow...busy golf weekend....Glass Blown, Spring Fling and Swope renewal all in the same 2 days....what's a golfer to do?
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 12:25:15 PM »
Wow...busy golf weekend....Glass Blown, Spring Fling and Swope renewal all in the same 2 days....what's a golfer to do?

Have some fun at Swope playing doubles on Saturday, and then go to Omaha on Sunday is one slightly-biased suggestion.

RR
Rick Rothstein

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

smitty

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 02:56:10 PM »
This is like the 3rd or 4th year in a row that KC has had some kind of nonPDGA event the same day as the Glass Blown Open.

My completely biased opinion would be come to Emporia and play a great event on 2 great courses.

If you have never played a DD event, you are missing out. I know you will go home happy!

mrsenortyler

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 03:48:28 PM »
I am going to the one that Nate Doss, Avery Jenkins, and Paul McBeth etc. will be at.

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 03:53:22 PM »
I am going to the one that Nate Doss, Avery Jenkins, and Paul McBeth etc. will be at.
Smitty, what if a Master or Advanced player catches fire  :o  and places in the Top 4 of the entire tourney field? Do they get in to the Skins Match   ???

~Pin High~

Nevermind.
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 10:42:54 AM »
This is like the 3rd or 4th year in a row that KC has had some kind of nonPDGA event the same day as the Glass Blown Open.

My completely biased opinion would be come to Emporia and play a great event on 2 great courses.

If you have never played a DD event, you are missing out. I know you will go home happy!

Smitty,

The non-PDGA Swope Spring Renewal has been happening in April or May for nearly 12 years now, long before you guys moved your date from August to April. The timing of this event is now hooked in with the KC Corporate Challenge. We did notschedule it just to go against you, but there are only some many weekends for the many local events we do here in KC in the spring. I believe there are enough players in KC to support both events.

I encourage those who enjoy excellent competition at a well-run SuperTour PDGA event to go to Emporia. It sounds like this year you can get a glimpse or more of the top pros who will be here in July for the Worlds. (Does the KDGA want to buy a tee sign?)

However, if you're unable to attend or you're not ready to pay those PDGA dues or your preference is for a  less expensive,
home-based event, the SSR will be a fun one-day event that does not require membership in any organization.

Rick

Rick Rothstein

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

smitty

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 03:06:35 PM »
I hope everything goes great at your event. I hope you have more Am and Rec players then you can shake a stick at.

This is atleast the 4th year in a row that you "KC" have had something going happening on the exact same weekend as this event. One year it was a birthday party, this year it is this thing. It is just upsetting when this happens year in and year out.

I would encourage anyone who plays Advanced and above to make the short trip to Emporia Kansas. This may be one of the best disc golf events you will play in all year. Great players packs, food, great golf, more plastic then you will be able to touch in one day.

Payouts are always awesome and top notch. I am yet to hear a complaint about them. Ams will always get to pick their plastic the day of the event, that way they can dream of throwing them all the way home.

As far as the tee-sign goes, kind of a crazy way to hit the KDGA up. I have passed your request on to the KDGA board and we will make a decision.

Once again, hope things go well at the Swope event.

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Swope Spring Renewal Pairs Championship - April 18 (NOT PDGA)
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 12:37:09 PM »
Due to several requests, there are now two amateur divisions: Amateur 1 is for more advanced players and Amateur 2 is for newer players. The TD reserves the option to keep advanced teams out of Am 2.

For an entry form: http://www.icebowlhq.com/docs/ssr09entry.pdf

Disc Golf World, in conjunction with
the Kansas City Flying Disc Club, presents the
Swope Spring Renewal Pairs Championships
Featuring the Kansas City Corporate Challenge Tune-Up

Saturday, April 18 • Swope Park Disc Golf Course • 2 Rounds of 18 Holes

This is not a PDGA-sanctioned event.

The 2009 Swope Spring Renewal will once again be a ”pairs” or doubles tournament that will feature some divisions that are a bit out of the ordinary. Also, we are happy to once again offer divisions for those Corporate Challenge competitors who want to get ready for their May 2-3 event.

Because of the experimental nature of this tournament, it’s hard to gauge what the response will be. The tournament can accommodate 54 teams. To guarantee your spot, please pre-register: http://www.icebowlhq.com/docs/ssr09entry.pdf

Divisions and Entry Fees** (All entrants receive a nested mini set from GDS):

Open: $54 per team (cash payback)
Amateur 1 (more advanced ams): $34 per team (prize payback)
Amateur 2 (newer ams): $34 per team (prize payback)
100-Year—the combined ages of the partners must be at least 100: $30 per team (cash back)
Mixed—one male and one female: $24 (prizes)
Student—must be 18 or under and currently enrolled in school: $24 (prizes)
KC Corporate Challenge Men’s: $24 (prizes)* • KC Corporate Challenge Women’s: $24 (prizes)*
*If playing either the morning or afternoon round only, $19.
The Corporate Challenge pin settings (shorter than round 1) will be used in Round 2.

Minimum of two teams required to open a division. **$2 off for active KCDFDC members.

Ace Fund (optional): $4.00 per team. If no ace: CTP for 1/2 and 1/2 to the KCFDC.
Schedule

On Site Registration: 8:00 am - 9:15 am
Players’ meeting: ~9:50. Tee off to follow.
Lunch for sale between rounds—yummy BBQ: Prepared by Kelly Warren, feeder of hundreds of disc golfers in 2008 at the KC Wide Open, Disc Golf Day, and the H2Open.
2nd Round Tee: To Be Announced (around 2 p.m.)

****************ENTRY FORM*********************

Swope Spring Renewal Pairs Entry Form
(each partner should fill out an entry form)

Name________________________________________________________Date of Birth___________________________

Address__________________________________________________________________Phone______________________

City/State/Zip___________________________________________________Email_______________________________

Partner’s Name______________________________  All players receive a nested mini set from GDS

Division (Circle one): Open $54 per team.  Amateur 1 $34. Amateur 2 $34. 100-Year $34.  Mixed $24.  Student $24.
KCCC-Men $24. KCCC Women $24. KCCC 1-Round $19 Men or Women (circle 1). AM or PM (circle 1).
Ace Pool $4 per team—Y or N.  Deduct $2 if you’re an active KCFDC member.
Total Entry and ace pool (if chosen) Amount: $____________   Count me in for lunch!___

Make checks/money order and mail to: Disc Golf World • 509 E 18th St • Kansas City MO 64108
To pay with bank card, call or stop by Disc Golf World 816.471.3472.
(The $2.00 processing fee will be waived for active Kansas City Flying Disc Club members.)

For further information, contact Rick, John, or Ted at
816.471.3472 or info@discgolfworld.com
Rick Rothstein

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 08:09:14 PM »
I  would like to find a partner for 100year division. I am 47 years 9 months 20 days

Should I break it down to minutes??   

But even if I cannot get the 100 year division I still need a partner to carry me.
Steven Disc Glover

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 11:45:22 PM »
I just realized I'm going out of town that weekend. Cancel partner request please.
Steven Disc Glover

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 02:28:34 PM »
Dang I was just getting ready to step and answer the call....... :o
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Becky S

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 02:51:39 PM »

you're gonna regret saying that if his plans change!

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 03:09:42 PM »

What would your team name be?

- KC Loud Mouths
- Red Headed Glove Love
- Lowe Disc Lover
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 04:28:53 PM »
The glove don't fit, and Jack has quit
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"