Author Topic: Fuzzy Pony Invitational Tournament  (Read 3598 times)

Bruce

Fuzzy Pony Invitational Tournament
« on: March 28, 2009, 01:07:50 PM »

The winter blast is mostly past and the Running Horse disc golf course has weathered the storm!  Tournament headquarters will be in the barn and we are on track to begin late registration and check-in at 8:00 Sunday morning!
The beer has been delivered, the brats are marinating and there will be biscuits & gravy, coffee and orange juice available (proceeds go to Lawrence Humane Society) to get us warmed up and ready to go for the first round.
Pack your gear, bring towels, extra socks and prepare for a disc golf adventure.  The challenge will be great, but the stories from this day will be everlasting.

There are a several spots still open, so if you know someone else that looks for this type of adventure and camaraderie bring them along.

For more tourney info go to discthehorse.com

Bruce
(Bruce_Hudson@payless.com)
785 633-9630

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Fuzzy Pony Invitational Tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 07:20:41 PM »
If you missed the Fuzzy Pony for any reason... You missed out.  The weather was perfect the snow was gone by the 9th hole and the beer and food just didn't stop. You guys put on a great party and I'm glad I made the trip.  Thanks!
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 06:55:49 AM »
I agree....fun was plentiful!!  And a very beautiful set up.

Cheers to the Running Horse Family!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 09:06:28 AM »
                 Wow, what a great tourney! All you fair weather golfers that thought you were dodging a calamity by signing up but not showing up really missed out. The fuzzy pony was one for the journal for sure! Great food..Great golf..Great music..Great people!! And Great Competition with Justin Atwater-Taylor pulling off a 4 stroke win over the field!
                 I sure do hope the Wismer family makes this tourney an annual tradition for the future! And I believe a nice chunk of change was collected for the Lawrence Humane society as well! (Wow, there is something good in lawrence...hmm..weird.) ;D
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 10:32:45 AM »
Are you saying there were those that paid $50.00 and didn't show up?  Do tell us more.  :-)

--Tom
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 11:08:05 AM »
What a kick ass day!

Playing DG on a very nice layout with good jams clearly audible from anywhere on the course, unlimited fresh beer, hot lunch and supper, and a bunch of my favorite golfers and ThrOlatheans around made for a great day. The weather that seemed on Saturday would ruin the event was not an issue at all, and, in fact the ground actually was drying up and we were playing in short sleeves in the afternoon. Baldwin City didn't get nearly the snow/ice that the Joco area did.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd have to rate the Fuzzy as an 11.

Thanks to Dave and his family and friends for inviting us all out and making for a great day. :)

DiscWiz

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 07:04:38 PM »
The First Annual Prestigious Fuzzy Pony Disc Golf Tournament was played in near mystical conditions on Sunday March 29, 2009. With the sun glistening through the ice cycles dangling from the old oaks, 29 stalwart soles braved calm winds, 50 deg + temperatures, warm sunshine, award winning beer, brauts, burgers, music and endless laughter to compete for the most coveted Disc Golf trophy in all of Baldwin City. Thanks to all who attended and congratulations to our champions; Open – Justin Atwater-Taylor, Grand Master – Hal “Baby” Kurz, Master – Mark Martin and Adv – Chad Rutledge.

Sponsors for the 2009 Fuzzy Pony Tournament include 23rd Street Brewery, WinPro Solutions, Larken Engineering, Grip Equipment and Brown Egg Productions. Volunteers for the event included Bruce Hudson – Tournament Director, Hal Kurz – Event Coordinator, Charlie Upton – M.C., Justin Atwater-Taylor – Graphics, Jack and Patty Bing beer servers and Bill and Diane Cunningham on the grill. Special thanks to my wife Kathy and daughter Riese for keeping things moving while I played.

This years Fuzzy Pony Disc Golf Tournament raised over $300 for the Lawrence Humane Society.  Thanks again to everyone who participated.

Click here to see photos from the event. http://kathywismer.com/gamesrally/fuzzypony2009/

David Wismer
http://discthehorse.com

halbaby1685

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 07:40:15 AM »
if you didn't go because you thought the weather was bad.  Oh well, next year.  Fun was had by all.  Thanks to the Wismers for opening up there property for all of us to enjoy Running Horse. 

Hanthrolo

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 01:03:22 PM »
Unbeknownst  to me,  I feel as if I missed out on what looked (pictures) like a fantastic time.  I had know idea this event was even an event and I have promised myself not to miss this event next year.  So my question is...Who do I have to #%$^ to get a golden ticket to the Fuzzy Pony Invitational???  My bid is in early!!!!

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 01:06:04 PM »
 :'(  :'(
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

DiscWiz

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 04:43:28 PM »
Tournament Scores are posted on the web site http://discthehorse.com.

DiscWiz

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 05:30:15 PM »
Hans,

Hal Baby controls the printing of the Golden Tickets. 

Dave

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 01:29:29 PM »
First we have a "supposed" 1-foot blizzard on Saturday, then everything melts by Noon for the Fuzzy Pony, more wild winds, more rain... how's this http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2012427&id=1588774607&l=1d31431b1b for a forecast? I just can't wait for some steady temps... At least it SHOULD be nice for the Capital City Classic on Topeka on Saturday :)
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

DiscWiz

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 08:09:52 PM »
Just got a second set of pictures in from Patty's point and shoot.  Check them out by going to the web site at http://Discthehorse.com and click on the link for Patty's Pics.  Great shot of the brauts!

savagesam

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 08:25:54 PM »
Thank's for the pic's Wiz. The "Pony" was a little bit Fuzzy for me thanks to 23rd St. . It's all starting to come back to me now.
"ROC N ROLL"