Author Topic: Down Under Course  (Read 1357 times)

Smack83

Down Under Course
« on: August 02, 2005, 01:33:45 PM »
Can anyone tell me what par is for the down under course?  Usually I go to www.playdg.com for that information like I did for Swope and Water Works because they don't have signs at each hole telling you what the par is.  

Does Rosedale down under have signs telling you what par is for each hole?  If not, are they all par 4 for public and par 3 for pros just like the main course?

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Down Under Course
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 01:43:51 PM »
DU pro par is 3 and public par 4, for all the holes
Mike Penney

Smack83

Down Under Course
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 02:20:29 PM »
I played the Down Under course for the first time yesterday and I must say I enjoyed it quite a bit.  I've never played such a wooded course before.  I've played in courses with a few wooded holes but not EVERY hole.  The baskets were a lot closer than I was expecting.  I would consider it to be a par 3 course.  Two of them I hit in 2 shots and I have never gotten an eagle before.  They probably should be considered birdies.  Most of the time they were pretty easy to hit in 3 shots unless you shanked it off and had to throw through tons of trees.  

The only thing I didn't like about it was it was easy to lose your disc if you launched it pretty hard and it takes a toll on your discs if you're not careful.  I put a pretty good gash in my DX Beast.  Overall it was fun and I hope to get back soon, but there are so many courses in KC it's hard to choose which one to go to!

joeharr

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Down Under Course
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 04:02:37 PM »
Lots of folks will tell you it's best played in the winter cuz you're outta the wind and the foliage is gone. And isn't there a winter league on saturday mornings too... great course anytime really if a bit bushier now- but that's also shade when the heat is on... superfun course- should take the glow on the road there sometime in winter on a nice warm night after the leaves have been beat down some...