Author Topic: Aviar Driver or Aviar Putt and Approach  (Read 455 times)

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
Aviar Driver or Aviar Putt and Approach
« on: April 06, 2009, 11:12:27 AM »
Hello:

I picked up a Star Aviar over the weekend at the Capital City Classic as part of my players package.  It was an LS Discs stamped Aviar.  The white sticker on the bottom just says "Star Aviar" so can I safely assume this is an Aviar Driver and not a Putt & Approach?

What's the difference in the Aviar Driver and the Putt & Approach?  Seems like this Aviar has a little more dome than the standard Putt & Approach disc I've seen in the past.

Just curious,

--Tom
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Re: Aviar Driver or Aviar Putt and Approach
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 11:25:06 AM »
The Aviar driver is going to have a big bead on the rim. A putt & approach has no bead.

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

coops

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 12:21:47 PM »
if it doesn't say it is an aviar driver then i would assume it is the p&a. they do exist in star without being the driver

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 02:14:09 PM »
if it doesn't say it is an aviar driver then i would assume it is the p&a. they do exist in star without being the driver

Actually, the KC and JK Aviar are also BBs.  They make some Glow BBs (normally tournament or club stamped though).  The only small bead Aviar available is through Millennium in the form of the Omega SS.

Cooper is correct about Star though.  There's a beadless Star Aviar labeled "Aviar" and a BB Aviar labeled "Aviar Driver."  Maybe one of the folks at DGW could look on the back of a Star BB, but I bet it's labeled as *AD.