Author Topic: Leauge questions  (Read 1863 times)

Scott2ya

Leauge questions
« on: August 04, 2005, 11:02:03 AM »
Thinking of joining the league.  It's 20 bucks a year according to what I read at the website. and I was wondering how much does it cost to play in a league games on tuesdays at swope or other parks for non members? And I am assume being a member you can play at any of the league games for free?

Thanks
Scott

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Leauge questions
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 11:48:55 AM »
It's $20 to join the club. League costs are $5 dollars (including ACE fund) for club members, and $6 for non-club members each league you play.
Mike Penney

Smack83

Leauge questions
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 02:10:55 PM »
What're the benefits to playing in a league?  I mean you can get a group of friends together and go play for free all the time.  Why would someone pay to play in a league?  

The only thing I can think of is you meet new Discers and to support the local club and courses.  I assume that's what the money goes towards...I could be wrong...

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Leauge questions
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 02:34:41 PM »
Yes some of the money goes towards the club, and the up keep of the local courses.  But you also win money if you play Open, and KC Cash, which you can use to buy discs if you play advanced or intermediate.

There is also a Beginners league on Monday's that is free, and you do not have to be a member of the club, but it is encourage.

Leagues also keep records, and provide you with an average of your rounds, I like this to keep my progress.  Plus it's just a lot of fun!

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Leauge questions
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 02:37:47 PM »
A portion of league entry goes to the KCFDC. $1 goes into the ACE fund and rest is payed out to the winners. League is a great place to meet other DGers and to learn the game from more experienced players. League also can help you learn proper etiquette and how to compete in a tournament-like setting. Oh, and most importantly, there is often someone with a cold beer for ya. mmmmmm beer. I play a lot of non-league and a lot of league rounds. It's all good, and to each his own.

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Leauge questions
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 02:42:03 PM »
Well if you play open then you are competing for cash money. If you play advance then you are playing for KC Kash, the club version of monopoly money, that is good for disc's and such. Plus it does support the club and the courses.
Mike Penney