Author Topic: My evaluation of the course  (Read 5345 times)

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
My evaluation of the course
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 05:41:06 PM »
Not for a while, you can't!   The course has been pulled (the champion course, not the Junior 9) while Brothers Kreiger and Cashen get their projects completed.  Yes, it's going to be BEAUTIFUL, a course with a couple of totally different looks.  

steve
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 07:04:43 PM »
AMEN brother.
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

Paul25934

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 01:13:22 PM »
blue valley is the best course i have ever played and its not even done yet! great work KC crew.  :D  i cant wait to come up and throw it again.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 07:48:20 PM »
I shot a solid 70 with Penney today, and the course is in awesome shape. Lost a translucent Crush with an exclamation mark, nothing found. The teepads are superb, many are not poured yet, but you can still tee from within the forms. All but 6,7, and 14 pins are in the excruciatingly long placements, and 10 pin is removed. We golfed steady for 2 and half hours no problems! Good to see other groups out there too. Minimal litter, very few debris piles, pray for rain on the new grass. Great job out there!
espouse elucidation

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 03:48:47 PM »
Yea it was a great day to be golfin here it rocked..
Thanks for finshing up with me guys..
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

MOSPARKY

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2006, 01:04:11 PM »
It's great to see that so many discgolfers are out there trying to clean up this town.  I think they made a movie about this in the 80's.   "Police Academy",  maybe we can use one of their ideas-C.O.P. (citizens on patrol).  Maybe we can cure this city of all its' ills.  

Put K.C. on the map,  "Disc Golf, install a course near your run down crappy neighborhoods.  It's amazing what these people can do with a frisbee and a Nalgene bottle.  Your city will be topshelf in no time. "

The reason cops love discgolfers-  more narcs in the parks.  Try building where you don't have to worry about this kind of crap.  

I have one question for all the supporters of this and other safe courses in the area.  How close do you live to the course?  
I live near Rosedale-  Im not on this website everyday trying to make my favorite course the envy of others.

tommymarin

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 12:15:32 AM »
C-O-P  .......

Yeah..........

That's the best number in that series of movies.

That's when Tony Hawk and his crew skated on the BIG screen for a BIG crowd.

I live 10 minutes or less from the course. would be more then happy to meet you out there if walking by yo'self is a problem........as far as disc golf courses only going into economicially challenged neighborhoods, check out the course's going into Shwnee Mission and Monticello.

Any more Questions??????

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2006, 08:17:27 AM »
Not to mention Prairie Center and WYCO.

So, OK, sparky, YOU go and talk to the city governments, and tell 'em you're starting your own disc golf club, and want ONLY the best park land available, in the BEST parks.  see how far that gets you.

Are there potential sites for more courses, in "better" parks?  Sure, lots of 'em.  But, maybe that's not the best use of that land.  It's not like we can use wherever we want.  Besides, Blue Valley might be the very best piece of dg land in the midwest.  

If you don't like it, well, there are plenty of "safe" courses to play.  See ya in Olathe.  Watch out for the PI.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2006, 12:58:06 PM »
magnum PI

there are a lot of wackos driving around in circles.  i dont know if they're gay or not, probably all married, dont matter.  they're harmless.  i've yelled and given the bird out of frustration but they dont mean any harm.  they're just freakin wackos.  screw those freaks.  if we have a full course every saturday/sunday they'll split.  waterworks isn't nearly as bad as it's been in the past.

at blue valleyi've seen some drug dealing in the past.  that's been over a year ago.  nothing more than a guy leaning thru a car window.  the park has changed considerably since then.  

and we are disc golfers after all......

i've seen prostitution, guy and gal walk off into the woods together......who cares.  if they like bug bites and dead dogs when they have sex, who cares.  they dont have guns.  

i have never seen any violence of any kind.  we where there almost every weekend last winter and never had any thing more than a group of wild dogs.  even they were easily chased off.

it's a bad area.  so is swope.  i've seen people shooting at other people in front of swope.  im sure some of you remember that...

if you like a flat course where you throw to the right every hole then rosedale is for you.  but remember...no back in parking.