Author Topic: Not DG related: NHL Playoffs  (Read 5817 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Not DG related: NHL Playoffs
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 10:49:40 AM »
tru-dat....

Nothing beats cold steel on ice though.....well, Samursosorov just took a blade to the face, he had 48 stitches, but didn't miss a shift..........

Looks like the little fella got Turf toe and will miss 8-10 weeks......

Some pro athletes play with the pain and the desire....others are football players....(ok B-Ball players are the worst)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

gunar

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 03:31:59 PM »
I also knew all along the Penguins weren't coming to K.C.  Mario played everybody to perfection.  If the Islanders moved here that would be great.  Might have to rename the team.  I'm not sure the Kansas City Islanders would make a whole lot of sense.  If an NHL team ever did come to K.C. I hope they have a name contest.  I've got some good ideas.

They had a name contest for the soccer team too, epic fail.

Keizer

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 05:20:05 PM »
I'd be willing to bet that the average hockey player can play football better than the average football player can play hockey. It's just a different kind of sport, and the guys who play it are, for the most part, humble and good sports compared to football and basketball players who are all "Me! Me! Me! Look at me!"...

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 08:02:42 AM »
I'd be willing to bet that the average hockey player can play football better than the average football player can play hockey. It's just a different kind of sport, and the guys who play it are, for the most part, humble and good sports compared to football and basketball players who are all "Me! Me! Me! Look at me!"...

I would disagree with the average hockey player being able to play football better than the average football player being able to play hockey. The NFL is made up of the top athletes in the country. How many retired hockey players do you see on Dancing with the Stars? This is all hypothetical anyway, but if you took any NFL team and any NHL schmhockey team and played a game of football and then a hockey match, the NFL team would win both. And if they had a free for all brawl, the NFL team would wipe the floor with the skaters.

Of course, if we plugged in the top disc golfers into this scenario, the discers would have the most fun, thus winning.  :P

Tom...you just proved that you know NOTHING about hockey.  Anyway, both are PROfessional sports and the PRO part of that kind of takes you out of the picture doesn't it?  There are no amatuer age protected divisions in hockey or football....silly sally, hockey is for men!   ;) ;D

Another thing...the fact that you mentioned dancing with the stars takes all worth out of any statement you make from here on out.  Do they have divisions on that show?  Maybe one where the trick is to swing your partner around his/her walker or cane without breaking a hip?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 08:06:54 AM by Slant »
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Dan Z.

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 08:13:18 AM »
....dancin with the stars?...some kinda chic show.....and yeah, what Slant said!....is that what they call gettin checked?.... :D
DZ

Keizer

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 08:21:04 AM »
And if they had a free for all brawl, the NFL team would wipe the floor with the skaters.

Those NFL players never learned how to brawl because nobody ever messes with guys that big. And when they skirmish amongst themselves it's nothing but pushing and shoving. Let's not forget them calling the WHAAAAAAAMBULANCE when they so much as get a hangnail out on the field.

And everyone knows the top athletes in the country are KCFDC...

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 11:15:11 AM »
Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Lawrence Taylor,Ty Murray (all around world champion rodeo cowboy), and Floyd Meriwhether have all been on DWTS. They must be sissys just like me and Deano.  ::)

Andy, are you playing intermediate in the KCWO, or Rec?  :P

Because they get paid to dance with hot chicks......DUH.....do you think they do it for free? ha... They sure as heck don't play football for free...which they do get paid more for fewer games than hockey players.  Hockey players do it for the legacy...for the passion...for the skill.....not the next Lexus, Hummer, or Porsche in thier garage.....or a stack of discs in thier closet that they have won by not playing in a competative division for thier skill level.

When I have played competatively for as many years as you have then you can start giving me all the crap you want....until then....we all know who the biggest bagger in KC is!

DWTS = Dumb White Trash Show

Don't start attacking something you have no knowledge of and not expect to get checked into the boards or yo azz knocked to the ice.   :P ;D ;)

P.S. - Don't go trying to drag Dean in on this.....atleast he knows what he is talking about when he opens his mouth.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 11:20:35 AM by Slant »
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Fish

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 11:33:08 AM »
Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Lawrence Taylor,Ty Murray (all around world champion rodeo cowboy), and Floyd Meriwhether have all been on DWTS. They must be sissys just like me and Deano.  ::)

Andy, are you playing intermediate in the KCWO, or Rec?  :P

You're using a celebrity dancing contest as proof of non-sissyness? 

What's going on here?
Nate Fishback

Deano

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 11:46:18 AM »
...or a stack of discs in thier closet that they have won by not playing in a competative division for thier skill level.

That's funny!  Tom, want to sell some disc?

... Don't go trying to drag Dean in on this.....atleast he knows what he is talking about when he opens his mouth.

Most of the time.. Until I reach 6+ beers.   Then I really know what I'm talking about. Getting louder and louder... Thanks bro for your support!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 11:50:05 AM by Deano »

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 01:52:12 PM »
Keep trying buddy(Tom)...I already know I'm not a good golfer....but what does that matter when it's about fun?

Anyway aren't you a fan of the NBA?

National Bagger Association....not only are you a member but also the president of the KC chapter.
or
Nose Broke Airhead...

;D ;)

I love days that I have nothing better to do than this.....actually I don't, but have to be here anyway so might as well preach the truth!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 03:29:53 PM by Slant »
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 03:30:45 PM »
Oh...look who removed thier posts.....   :'( :'( :'(

Good, now we can get back on topic....check out this article..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Adam-Deadmarch-and-the-greatest-Stanley-Cup-engr?urn=nhl,164976

And this picture!!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 03:35:20 PM by Slant »
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Keizer

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 09:28:24 AM »
Here's a pic of yours truly on that very statue back in 1997. I had to hurry and jump on and off for the pic before the cops came back around. As an extra trivial tidbit, I also have a tattoo of that statue on my left arm.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 09:43:09 AM »
That 3rd goal of his was SWEET!  I'm excited to watch the Wings and Pens battle for the cup....probably be the best in years.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Fish

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009, 10:37:25 AM »
That 3rd goal of his was SWEET!  I'm excited to watch the Wings and Pens battle for the cup....probably be the best in years.

Yeah....  the playoffs this year have been damn good.  Wings/Pens looks pretty strong right now.  But I'll have to root for the Pens...  Boo Red Wings...  ;D

Nate Fishback

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 10:57:56 AM »
wow...u guys think 2 games at home wins a series.......wow...
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"