Author Topic: Well, well, well.....  (Read 682 times)

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
Well, well, well.....
« on: May 18, 2009, 09:54:54 AM »
I made it out to Cliff Drive on Sunday morning and was quite impressed with what Jack and crew have done out there.  Playing the front 9 out there, I was reminded somewhat of Kaposia Park in Minneapolis.

I also enjoyed the homeless gal sleeping on Hole 1.  I decided to skip my shot at the basket because she was sleeping and as we're walking to Hole 2's tee, she sits up and I say, "How's it going?"  She replies, "Wimp".  She then says, "Are you enjoying your Sunday in the park with a picnic?".  Classic.

Anyway, had a great time and I can't wait to get back out there later this week.

I purposely didn't bother calling Jack because his reply would have been something along of the lines of "Did you know that Cliff Drive is a disc golf course?".  ;-)

--Tom
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

Keizer

Re: Well, well, well.....
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 10:04:06 AM »
Hmm, homeless women sleeping on the course? That's a new one... :D

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:11:37 AM »
I had to remove a couple that was sleeping right at #8 basket.....informed them that about 90 people were going to be throwing plastic at them in about 10 minutes.....they left.......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 10:20:48 AM »
What is the latest word on pads out at Cliff Drive?  Looks like it's gonna take a lot of concrete to build Hole 1's tee.

Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

Keizer

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 10:25:40 AM »
That tee will be filled with dirt before the gravel and concrete. Basically, the ties will be buried in dirt, the inside leveled off, and then gravel and concrete on top.

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 02:47:21 PM »
I also enjoyed the homeless gal sleeping on Hole 1.  I decided to skip my shot at the basket because she was sleeping and as we're walking to Hole 2's tee, she sits up and I say, "How's it going?"  She replies, "Wimp".  She then says, "Are you enjoying your Sunday in the park with a picnic?".

Must be a different one...the one that used to sleep back on #3 would just give you a really weird look if you said anything to her...she would also avoid eye contact at all means. This one also smelt bad and looked street hard.

Concrete pads at Cliff...now there's a novel idea.

Dan  ;D
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

Keizer

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 02:54:43 PM »
She is still there as of late this morning, and there is a camp on 3 as well. Perhaps this woman stays down on 3 at night and then sleeps on 1 during the day? Or could it be two separate people? Heck, I don't know...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 03:10:48 PM »
I'll be removing all the items today at Cliff Drive with a trash bag removal system.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"