Author Topic: League Results 5/19  (Read 842 times)

Loomis

League Results 5/19
« on: May 19, 2009, 09:48:58 PM »
11 Players out for the first League of Champions in SMP - home of the first Kansas City Wide Open.  The weather was 80 degrees with the ever-present, mysterious and healthy breeze swirling from all directions.

Next week we will have a swap meet before league. Bring out your old plastic that is gathering dust. If you have old DX plastic bring it too. You probably won't be able to find anyone who wants it, but perhaps we can give it to the park to lend out to Rec players who want to try out the game.

OPEN
Aaron Gabrielese - 53
CD Steiner - 54
Ty Farnsler - 55
Ed Wicken - 56
Loomis - 58
Dirk Hacker - 59
Adam Morrison - 64 (thank you Little Sister for letting him play on your birthday)

AM
Dan Zink - 60
Chuggy Allen - 62
Charlie Tull - 64
James McLaughlin - 70
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:25:46 PM by Loomis »

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: League Results 5/19
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 09:54:03 PM »
Had a good time out there! Not worried about my score, because that will come.  Just wish that, even with my height, I had a ladder for the tree off #4 tee pad, to retrieve my Teebird...grrrr...lol.  It was a fun layout, from my point of view.  Will be there next week!
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

aarong

• Am Poster
  • no low putts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 10:09:07 PM »
definitely some different, cooler, tougher shots with the new lay out. or the layout that we played tonight.

Dan Z.

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 01:10:47 AM »
It was a fun night. The layout is kewl ....except the kite flying area. We did have a couple people in the middle of fairway. They saw us and kindly moved. Thank you for the changes- and thank you Loomis!
--DZ

DZ

savagesam

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 03:48:46 PM »
Loomis enjoyed playing with you and Dirk last night. I know you were looking for some feedback on the hole changes so here it goes.

#2 "five stars". Moving the tee pad back narrows that hole considerably. More risk off the tee than there was before. A difficult 2 and now 4 is more of a possiblity. A hole that can separate the field is always a good thing. 

#6 "four stars". Like the look of this hole as compared to the other tee location. Great bringing the trees into play and the sidewalk OB as well. Only suggestion would be to maybe move the tee pad a little further left. That would make the hyzer a little more difficult and entice more to use the narrower left path but that's "nit picking". All in all I like it.

#8 "three stars". Moving the tee back certainly makes a 2 a lot more difficult. I've always had trouble finding my way through the trees off the box from the origional pad. The further pad will not change my approach from the tee, maybe just the disc.

#9 "three stars". Moving the tee back just a bit does make it a more difficult par 3 than the tee box to the left. So from that point of view I like it. This is one hole where I would like to see some different pin placements.

#10 "three stars". The good, brings the tree line on the right side more into play. The bad, Liked the look of the hole from the left side tee pad. Also may limit the type of shots off the tee.

#15 "three stars". Added distance takes away an easy duece opportunity. Downside could be everyone scores 3 instead.

Anyway, thanks for getting this League off the ground. I think the plastic swap is a great idea. Thanks, also for the changes last night. It shows that folks are always looking for ways to improve the course and with new pin placements and other subtle changes those that were not impressed with SMP will be one day.   

"ROC N ROLL"

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 03:57:53 PM »
Last time I checked, Loomis was not the designer of the course, one should check with Dirk and the planned additional placements in the future before changing the pad designs. 

Dirk has been working on this course for a couple of years now, and we are close to pads, they can always change, but I guess I did not realize that the white flags were not in alternate locations from the existing pads.

So renegade golf was the league last night?

Interesting.....hopefully this information was shared with the people that walk the course, talk with the P&R and understand the long term goals, not just the lonely night of Tuesday league....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

savagesam

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 04:14:45 PM »
Was just commenting on changes for last nights League. I realize that tee pad placements have already been decided and "may" "will" go in soon. Some of these alternate spots may be considered for future tee pads if plans and funds enable the park to put in more than one pad on some holes. Loomis was not looking to change anything about the course (as far as plans). Just try a few changes for folks to ponder. Many thanks to Dirk and others who put in a lot of hard work to get this course in the ground. 
"ROC N ROLL"

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 04:27:59 PM »
Thats all good.  I just know that many people are not aware that we have basically 3 pins planned at most of the holes, and right now everything is set at an A placement to get the folks acclimated to the land, and ease of finding.

The more the merrier....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"