Author Topic: Upcoming Events At Cliff Drive  (Read 1443 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Upcoming Events At Cliff Drive
« on: August 16, 2005, 10:41:55 AM »
I will be working on the course the next few days.  Heading out there today from 12-4, and tomorrow from 10-3, possibly Friday afternoon as well.

I will be working on #13, #14, and possibly #6.

We willbe having the Lion's Den Event (Birthday Bash for Dick and Jack, and all other Leo's on Saturday, sponsored by New Belgium Brewery.  $10 for the food, beer, and soda's, and casual round, then an additional $10 for custrom discs Roc/Aviar, or $12 for a Pro-line Starfire sponsored by Koi Discs.

Round starts at 10ish for morning, then we typically play a doubles round in the afternoon.

If you can come out to help let me know.

We will also be hosting the Lance Stanton Doubles Event on Sunday September 4(Sunday of Labor Day Weekend-No work Monday for many!), A PDGA XC Tier, bring your own Partner.
Entry Fees-
$20/person-Open
$10/Person-All other Divisions
Add-
$5/person non-PDGA member
$3/person Ace Fund
$2/person non-KCFDC Member

Round 1-Best Shot-Tee Off-10:30
Round 2-666 format
Holes 1-6    Best Shot
Holes 7-12  Alternate Shot
Holes 13-18 Best Score

If no Aces hit CTP at end of second round for 1/2.  This has historically been a fund raiser for Cystic Fibrosis, but I have dropped the ball in getting additional sponsors, so it will probably be limited in prizes this year, I will see if I can get Chief Tickets as we have always had, but have little time to get things together at this point.  If interested in helping out with the event, pleae let me know.

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 08:34:12 PM »
I got a call from CHappy informing me that the Lance Stanton Doubles event on spet fourth is not a pdga event.  IHad asked to have it removed so that we can play for fun!!

PRice points will be the same, with a payout, small for open, and prizes for other divisions.  this is a fund raizser for CF, my buddy LAnce Stanton passed away in 2002from Cystic Fibrosis, at the age of 32which was great, considering when he was born the average life expectancy was 9.

sorry for typos, sending this from my phone.

we had a lot of work at cliff drive with Jamie BArry, Penney and myself continuing to carve out holes, and create new holes.  we hope to have atleast three new holes for this weekend, and hopefyully five new ones by the LSD.

hope your having fun.  see some of you saturday at the lions den open cliff drive.  be ther by 9:30for first rd singles, with cool trophies for winners from koi discs
--
===o  {>[]----

Jack Lowe
President-KCFDC
http://www.KCFDC.org
816.231.3622-H
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 11:08:21 AM »
I will be back in the park in 30 minutes from now. Ummm 11:30ish. If  anybody wants to get out and help, it would be greatly appreciated. Just a thought but would be a great birthday present to Jack. Helping him on his favorite course, Fred Smith, Bob, Jack and Myself are allready committed to changing a few things to-day. Thanks in AdVance
Mike Penney

MikeTeachKC

Tournaments at Cliff?
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 11:14:12 AM »
Where does one find out about these things BEFORE they are over?  I read the posts here all the time and have NEVER seen any of the smaller tournaments mentioned until the week of at the earliest.  

Advertise it, and they will come...

Mike

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Tournaments at Cliff?
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 11:57:59 AM »
Quote from: "MikeTeachKC"
Where does one find out about these things BEFORE they are over?  I read the posts here all the time and have NEVER seen any of the smaller tournaments mentioned until the week of at the earliest.  

Advertise it, and they will come...

Mike

Check out the Events Calendar on http://www.kcfdc.org  main page :)
Rosedale Preservation Society Member