Author Topic: Out of Bounds Question - Holes 13 & 14  (Read 1045 times)

goger

Out of Bounds Question - Holes 13 & 14
« on: August 18, 2005, 09:08:59 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm having a debate with my buddy regarding out of bounds on 13 and 14 at Swope.

My buddy says the out of bound on 13 is the road only. He says the brush and crap to the right of the road (in play from the long tee) is in bounds.

On 14 however the OB (accoding to my buddy) changes. On 14, the road is no longer the only OB. He says the road and all land left of the road (fairway of 13 and woods) is OB.

Anyone have a ruling here?

PS - I play recreationally at Swope all of the time. You may have seen me and my dog "Steve" running around. I am in agreement that the gulls for 1, 2, 3, 8 - 11 should be OB.

Later,

Matt

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 09:18:19 AM »
We play the area on the hillside to the right of the road on #13 as inbounds when teeing from the long tee only. But this is an exception to the rule. We have always played the road and beyond is out-of-bounds for all events inlcudng league at all KC courses. Come to think of it, throwing across the road and still being inbounds is the exception here. But it's obvious because that's where the target is.    :D
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 05:39:46 PM »
to second KMont and extend the comments, OB on 13 from the LONG pad is IN the road.  In the weeds on the right of the road, below 14, is in.  Or, at least that's how it's been 'splained to me.  It's logical, since the tee is across the road, same thing on #12 Cliff Drive. (original placement of pad and pin)

If you play 13 Swope from the short pad, the road and across the road is all OB.  
14, the road and all beyond is OB
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!