Author Topic: Work Day(Weekend) Cliff Drive June 13-14  (Read 828 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Work Day(Weekend) Cliff Drive June 13-14
« on: June 02, 2009, 09:47:08 AM »
I am planning on working at Cliff Drive all Weekend during this time frame.  What I hope to accomplish will be as follows:
1-clean up the right (south) side of the green and the hill side by the old teeing area.

2-clean out a little to the left (west) of the teeing area, and trim up behind the basket towards the tee of terror.

Trail to #3 clean it out and make it shine all the way down to the bottom so the trail extended towards #3's fairway.

3-clean up around the green cut out the honeysuckle around the green on the rock, and SPRAY it down good.  Clean out the tee area to the right all the way, get all of that outta there.

4-Spray it down good, clean out the area to the left and right of the stairs, chop the weeds down on the hill in front of the pad. (Need to get big weed whacker from Bill)

5-clean up in between the long placement and short, chop, cut, expose.

Trail from #7 short basket to #6 teeing area clean it up, mark it, make it accessible for people to get to (this is not a typo)  This starts about where the wall across the street ends on the Southern end, about 20' away.

6-clean up just off the pad to the old teeing area right and left, maintain grass in there, continue to build the rock walls for compost/dead tree stuff on the Western part, I want like 3-4 of them for ease of mowing eventually....

7-clean up around the middle placement chop dead out, spruce up long placement, leaving a few of the bushes to mess with people.

Trail to 8-clean it up, take down the dead tree, spray the honeysuckle, chop the IVY....

8-Tee pad area mowed, replace the bench, build racks into the hillside to blend in.  Mow deeper on the fairway than what the contractor is (talk with P&R).  Clean out the area just off the teepad towards the short placement.  Build the stage with left over forms after the pads are done.

Paint the road with solid OB line, just one Jack, not three.....

13 & 15-Chop the ivy from the big tree then SPRAY IT DEAD.....

This is my own personal todo list.  You do not have to be me to complete anything listed.  If you want to help, even if its spraying for an hour, let me know, and I can get you a sprayer.  I would love to spray out there for a few hours with about 4-5 of us (I ahve the containers) then come back the week and chop it all down.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Keizer

Re: Work Day(Weekend) Cliff Drive June 13-14
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 01:28:39 PM »
Alright, everybody-- you've got the better part of 2 weeks to plan to be at this workday! That is plenty enough notice to set it up with your wife, mark it on the calendar, or whatever else you've got to do to make sure you show up! If you've only been one of the "take but not give" slacker-types who only come to courses to play and never to work (yes, we know who you are), this is your chance to redeem yourself! Yes, the work may be hard, but we still know how to have a good time, and ya might even get a free lunch out of the deal as well... 8)

Keizer

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 08:47:43 AM »
*crickets chirping*

Keizer

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 09:03:35 AM »
Just a final reminder to everyone, we will be working at Cliff today (I'll be there within an hour or so from now), and also Saturday and Sunday, getting the course ready for Worlds. If you're playing a casual round this weekend, you could play it at Cliff and then stick around and put in a little bit of work.

Even if you can only come out for an hour and pick up a few items of trash, it will go a long way and be much appreciated. Typically we have a cooler full of cold drinks available as well as time taken for lunch which is paid for by the club. You have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by helping out, so grab a buddy and come on out to Cliff!

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 10:22:51 AM »
what time do ya'll plan on starting on Sat.?  Can't make it today, but will be able to help most all day tomorrow.
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

Keizer

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 07:07:23 PM »
Probably around 9:30 or 10am tomorrow is when we'll start. If you don't see any vehicles around Hole 1, we might be down on another hole down under. Today we had about 6 guys working on Hole 3 alone, and it turned out incredibly well. The course is freshly mowed, so come on out this weekend, lend a hand, play a round, and help make Cliff the best course in town for Worlds!

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 01:30:33 AM »
help make Cliff the best course in town for Worlds!

Is this course "concrete" in plans for Worlds no matter how many pads get done?
Steven Disc Glover

Keizer

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 08:16:15 AM »
We are getting tee pads made of green jello that will be installed today during the workday. This is gonna be so much fun...

Keizer

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 09:45:06 PM »
9:30 to 10ish again, Doug. Yes, we had at least 16 helpers today and are making plenty headwind-- holes 3, 4, 8, and the trail between 7 & 8 have received most of the attention thus far, and are looking better than I've ever seen them. Hole 3 looks simply amazing.

Sunday's work will likely consist of Holes 1 & 2, clearing out honey suckle and hauling it to the road. Not only are we widening fairways and cleaning them up, we have also pushed our way deeper in on a couple holes to make way for new basket placements. Big thanks to all who have helped to this point, the difference is huge, and I hope you all take time to enjoy a round and take in what you've helped accomplish.

Looking forward to another productive day Sunday, hope to see some fresh faces helping out as well! ;)