Author Topic: Rosedale Work Day June 20th  (Read 946 times)

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Rosedale Work Day June 20th
« on: June 13, 2009, 09:10:26 AM »
A work day will be held at Rosedale next Saturday Starting a 9am.  The work will be centered on making the long placements on some of the holes  viable for The Worlds and replacing some broken sleeves.   

This includes but is not limited to:
Hole 1
•   Chain sawing the downed trees
•   Mowing down the brush up to the tee pad for hole two
•   Removing the thorns from the lower sections of Locust trees to keep someone from impaling themselves
Hole 2
•   Mowing brush along the east side of the fairway
•   Clearing brush around the green 
Jim Sherwood

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Rosedale Work Day June 20th
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 10:15:34 AM »
Jim,

With the solstice Doubles on Saturday....I have a family reunion this weekend as well.....I am not sure how much help I can be, but I will get you the tools for sure.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 10:29:37 AM »
Something was going on every weekend this month.  Work still needs to be done so hopefully some will find the time to help this weekend.  I will be working on the course all week.  Maybe as people see things change they will get excited and want to be involved.  :D

Jim Sherwood

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 01:17:46 PM »
Coolio.  I will see if I can get out there some time maybe before the Solstice....but I am not sure about that right now with Family obligations.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 12:36:36 PM »
The work day is still on schedule.  I have plenty of mowers and trimmers, but I am looking for a chainsaw.  If someone has one available and could bring it tomorrow we could make quick work of the two downed trees on hole one.  Loppers would also be useful to de-thorn the Locust trees on the same fairway.   

A volunteer has stepped up and will be bringing up trash from the Down Under.  Way to go Mo! 

In case you were wondering...

You do not need to have any tools to work.  You don't need to have any previous experience to work.  You don't need a personal invitation to work.  You don't have to be a club member to work. You do not need to commit to the whole day because any amount of time that you can help is great.

You do need to want to make Rosedale a better place to play golf. You do need to want the World to think that KC has the greatest collection of championship courses on the planet.  You do need some good karma to come your way on the course. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:40:32 PM by Twister66 »
Jim Sherwood

Keizer

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 01:09:40 PM »
Jim, I will try to make it, but I doubt if I'll be able to stay long. I really need to make up lost time with the family...

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »
Jim, it's looking more and more like I won't have to work tomorrow, so I should be out to help a bit.

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »
Thanks for signing on guys for some time guys.  I have a mass text message going out this afternoon to remind some of the people that said that they would help about the date and time.

I will be out at the course no later than 9am around hole one.  I think that if someone wants to show up before that time Steve Harris will be out even earlier.
Jim Sherwood

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 05:12:24 PM »
Lots of work got done out at Rosedale on Saturday.  Max Hilgers brought a chainsaw and we got all of the dead trees cut down on hole one and the entire area mowed.  Hole two had the green expanded and the entire area was mowed including the right side of the fairway.  Hole three got some much needed love as well. 
Thanks for the help to:
Max Hilgers
Paul Eklund
Steve Harris
Chris Timko

If you want to help out the trash from the down under is in bags around the outside of the upper course and could be moved to an area that will get picked up by P&R like near the bathrooms.  Thanks Mo Lewis for collecting it and hauling it up top.
Jim Sherwood