Author Topic: Found: Blue Star Destroyer  (Read 818 times)

TeamTJ

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Found: Blue Star Destroyer
« on: June 19, 2009, 08:53:57 PM »
Tell me where you lost it and what is written on the back...

Claybird

Re: Found: Blue Star Destroyer
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 03:06:19 PM »
Would it happen to be light blue with c.mrkonic on the back?

isotopic

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 05:32:04 PM »
if it was a light blue destroyer found at shawnee mission then it could be mine.  I lost mine a while back on like the 9th hole (into some trees).  I don't think I had my name on the back yet though ( as it was brand new) "Isringhausen".  So maybe just the weight # was on the back 174 (I think).

TeamTJ

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 10:36:34 AM »
Here's an interesting story...

My son (16) , youngest daughter (9) , and I went out to Young Park to try our hand at the new course this past Saturday. (Holy cow is it hard for us newbies!!)

As we were standing on the tee pad at hole one, another car pulled up and out piled a group of guys.  Since they each had a bag of discs, we knew they'd be better than us, so we kind of hung back so as to allow them to go first rather than hold them up.

2 of them got to the tee, and we said they could go first, but they said it was ok, we could.  As my daughter got ready to throw, one of them asked to see her disc.  We obliged, and he said something about recognizing what was on the disc's back.  He motioned to his friend and showed it to him asking him if it wasn't his.  He said it was.

Knowing that we'd found it, we were happy to return it, though not really knowing for sure that it was his or not.

He offered to trade it for one of his from his bag.  We tried to decline, but he insisted.  He handed my daughter a red disc, thanked us, and went to start at a different hole.  She turned it over, and the exact same thing that was written on the other disc was written on this one.

What a small world!

The guy seemed happy to have his disc back (must have been a good one for him) but was dismayed at one thing...Seems it was sun faded.  What used to be a nice purple was now a baby blue.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 10:47:54 AM »
He didn't want your daughter to be discless and was glad to get his driver back. Nice story.  8)
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

xTxExCxHx9x

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 06:09:51 PM »
I have a lost light blue with both AB and Bert's number and a PAG with my number, he traded it to me a while back and can vouch. My number is 709-9944

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 09:44:50 AM »
Cliff Drive,

Light Blue

Says thieves Suck on it,

First run stamp

In the reservoir...

I forogot to go in and get it after league.....was really mad at myself.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"