Pleasant Hill
0 (0%)
Shawnee Mission Park
1 (1.4%)
Thornfield
4 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: August 25, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Author Topic: Your Favorite Course You Played in Town-World's Courses  (Read 3573 times)

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Course You Played in Town-World's Courses
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 01:10:48 PM »
JAB, I bet you really like hole 17 at Swope the best?  ;D
Jim Sherwood

JAB

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 01:17:54 PM »
JAB, I bet you really like hole 17 at Swope the best?  ;D

That shot was long, good thing the basket got in my way. ;D

Another Steve

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 07:38:17 PM »
I went with Cliff Drive as it really forced the most shots. Or, as in my case, showed just how weak my Game is. The first 7 made you pinpoint your throws with the last 11 allowed you to opened your arm. 12 tee and 17 green made you dig down for a heart stoping throw.

I played DU the Sat and Sun before the start and loved it....when we had to Play for Real the Mud really changed it for me. I could play here every day.

Paul Wright is a great Champ and a really Great Guy. He didn't have a problem with any course.

Thanks for a Wonderful time...KCDGC
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 08:49:37 PM by Another Steve »

simplepmart

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 09:45:32 PM »
Came in town to K.C. from Chicago to see the semi's and finals of the Worlds and then we stayed to play 2 straight monster days of dg on Sunday and Monday.  As an out of towner let me first say that YOU ARE INSANELY FORTUNATE to live in such a great dg city.  Your courses are FAR superior to ANY courses in the entire Chicagoland area and i am extremely jealous of you which will certainly bring me back one day.  Here are my fave's of the K.C. courses we played.

1.  Swope Park.  I thought the fun and playability of this course made for an excellent experience.  it wasn't the hardest course in K.C. but that's not what makes a good course for me.  it was just a ton of fun to play and it was in tip top shape.  Very cool metal signage for every hole, great pads, great course. in fact, we gave up playing another course just to come back and play this one a second time (which wound up being our last course for the trip)...don't regret it either!

2.  Front 9 of Cliff Drive.  We played all 18 holes but the front 9 was absolutely spectacular.  What a cool use of terrain, cliffs, hills, woods.  AWESOME!  The back nine was very blah which is why this course was not my fave.  Just very long, open, easy shots...one after another.  Might be the coolest front 9 i've ever played though.

3.  Waterworks.  One word...Powned.  With all the baskets still being in championship location this course just abused us.  Even still this was a beautiful course and was a lot of fun to play.  It will definitely stay in my top 5 courses i've played and i can't wait to go back. 

4.  Rosedale (upper).  Very fair course with some really beautiful holes.  This would make a real good home course if i lived in KC.  Rosedale and Swope would be my 'everyday' type of course.

5. Shawnee Mission.  It was just ok.  i would say it is a full notch below any of the above courses.  Don't get me wrong.  it was very clean, well groomed, and was in a nice park, but it fell flat after awhile (especially when compared to the above courses).  Probably wouldn't play it again, but it is always a treat to play a course at least once.

That was a lot of dg for a 2 day span, and what a blast it was.  Thanks KC for what was one heck of a trip!

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 11:33:28 PM »
thanks for coming in, simplepmart!  Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.  By all means, c'mon back any time you want, join in a league night if you can!
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2009, 09:43:12 AM »
I like Chanahon, and I used to like Lbertyville wihen it was 18.  Don't sell yourself short, there are a few good courses in Chicago area for sure.  Just not as many nice courses within a short radius.....and when a course is 18 miles away it takes 20 minutes to get to, not an hour thirty! ;D

Not missing traffic for disc golf ever!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2009, 10:28:06 AM »
Thanks  :D  (Not that I did anything)  Y'all come on back now, ya hear ??
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."