Author Topic: Before worlds I need to......  (Read 1519 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Before worlds I need to......
« on: June 30, 2009, 09:31:38 AM »
1-Paint OB on upper course
2-Paint Drop Zone on #12
3-OB Mark on #3 cliff (Drop Zone use alternate pad.....ok?)
4-Mow #2 left side off tee pad and the fairway.
5-Mow #5, chop down trees starting to grow back
6-Mow #6, clean up around "big dead tree" and hill side
7-Clean up long placement #7-not opening up the hole though, clean the side of the hill, and the top flat spot for ease to find disc, do not make an opening in the long placement.
8-clean up #9 fairway, short, go in one bush length all the way, and at the pin, clean up to give good true "Green" to putt from, land on.  This needs to be cleaned out the most in my mind right now. (not quite done, but getting there)
9-Clean up the hillside off of #1 to the west
10-clean and "drewize" # 11, man #16 looks AWESOME.

Those 10 things should be high on the list to complete for work.

Take Tree down on #8 pad destroyed by pad installation
Clean up from #9 pad to see North Terrace Lake---Hey who added these to the list, this wasn't on here?  But its done....
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 10:49:56 AM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Keizer

Re: Before worlds I need to......
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 11:42:59 AM »
Drew has made it all the way back to the gate on the west side of the reservoir. It looks amazing, and no more searching for discs in the bushes-- they're either in the reservoir or on the fairway. Awesome job, Drew!

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 09:29:08 PM »
Thanks guys.  The entire course is playing awesome right now.  I started on #11 today by the pin and will work my way backwards again.
Next time someone has a chain saw out there, will you take out the last remaining tree in play by the 2nd gate on 16?  Its an awkward angle for my tree saw.  Thanks.
Drew D Neitzel

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »

And I'm sure the home owners in the neighborhood appreciate it too.

Yeah, a couple of them have already stopped to thank me.
Drew D Neitzel

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 09:54:21 PM »
Awesome job, Drew!!!!
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

Keizer

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 10:08:15 PM »
Jack and I hit #9 hard tonight, the entire left side from the bend to the basket has been cleared at least 10' into the trees. A couple of guys had discs land in there and found them within seconds. Another disc eater has been beaten back by the Cliff Drivers! We also opened up the view from #9's pad to the pond below, so anybody with some junk plastic can now let loose some frustration with a clear opening. ;D

We counted at least 22 players who came through while we were there. The parking along the road looked like league night, so these pads are working their magic on the disc golf community already...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 08:46:08 AM »
Thanks guys.  The entire course is playing awesome right now.  I started on #11 today by the pin and will work my way backwards again.
Next time someone has a chain saw out there, will you take out the last remaining tree in play by the 2nd gate on 16?  Its an awkward angle for my tree saw.  Thanks.

I'll get up there sometime in the next few days to clean it up.  It does look awesome and I know that the neighborhood association that was concerned we would be not keeping their park whole will be thankful.  It just looks freaking great up there.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 09:59:50 AM »
We counted at least 22 players who came through while we were there

All those players and no key fob yet...it's all black and silver...

A single black key fob and a big black and shiney silver key...

Keep your eyes out gents and get $50 Reward...CASH baby!!!!

Dan
816-506-2267
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

Keizer

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 12:19:19 PM »
Not sure when we'll be back, might be tonight, might be tomorrow, might be the weekend. If you want to help you can always go by yourself if there's no planned workday. The reservoir is still being worked on, and it's pretty straight-forward work that you won't need anyone to line you out on. It's just removing the brush from in front of the fence. If you get a wild hair to head up there, just call me or Jack and I'm sure one of us can get you going. Heck, we might even meet ya up there.

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 04:19:25 PM »
We also opened up the view from #9's pad to the pond below, so anybody with some junk plastic can now let loose some frustration with a clear opening.
I didn't even realize there was a pond anywhere near there. Good to know. Looking forward to making the drive from Olathe to check it out soon. Can't wait. Thanks for all the work you guys are doing. Even though I don't get to reap the benefits very often.
PDGA 39363

Keizer

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 04:26:44 PM »
If you want to help you can always go by yourself

:o :o :o :o :o

Hmmmmmmmmm...

Sometimes an evening of work is just an impromptu venture, and it doesn't get announced or posted here on the board, or whatever. I was just saying that if you (or anyone else who has the stones) were to go up there by yourself and hack some stuff up for a while, that would be both acceptable and appreciated. Doug, it's okay. You don't have to be scared.  ;D

Spencer

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 04:33:40 PM »
I didn't even realize there was a pond anywhere near there. Good to know. Looking forward to making the drive from Olathe to check it out soon. Can't wait. Thanks for all the work you guys are doing. Even though I don't get to reap the benefits very often.

It is a huge pond that is at a much lower elevation, kind of similar to throwing a disc from #5 waterworks down to the water treatment plant, but not as far and much cooler of a shot.  In fact, my best throw of the entire Tee Pad Open on Sunday was a Cyclone I found with no name on it-threw it straighter than anything in my bag and splashed down halfway across the pond-Palmer and Keizer witnessed it, and can surely back up that this was my best shot of the day, or probably in the entire group ;D  If you head to Cliff, and this gap has been cleared, definately take some junk plastic-lots of fun!

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 04:44:10 PM »
Spencer, what weight was that Cyclone? I have a couple I don't need any more, since you like the way they fly  ;D
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 04:50:11 PM »
its been re-Brandt'd for those of you in the "know"
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Keizer

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 06:16:18 AM »
Spencer, what weight was that Cyclone? I have a couple I don't need any more, since you like the way they fly  ;D

Yes, give that man some Cyclones. I have seen many folks throw into the pond or at least attempt to, and Spencer's shot Sunday was probably the best looking shot right out of the hand.