Author Topic: Lost ( well not lost but LEFT in the bee hive on 9 at rosie)  (Read 882 times)

chi chi rodweez

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
orange trex...T on the bottom with my number.  Any brave soul willing to grab it let me know!

thanks,

tim

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Lost ( well not lost but LEFT in the bee hive on 9 at rosie)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 01:46:22 PM »
Where is this bee hive at Rosedale?

Spencer

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:56:25 PM »
pine tree in middle of #9 fairway has a nasty hornet's nest that emerges every year about this time.  If you throw into that tree deep and move the branches around you can get a few dozen angry 1-2 inch hornets buzzing around your face, which is quite unpleasant.  I remember years ago at Rosie there would be swarms of them all over #15-17, I think they lived in that massive willow tree that used to be just in front/left of 17's box down by the drainage bridge. They are now isolated to that one small pine.

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 03:01:03 PM »
Where's Steve Irwin when we need him  :'(
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Spencer

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »
Where's Steve Irwin when we need him 

He's chillin' with the king of pop. 

I think that the insects on hole 9 may be beatles.

haven't been out there yet this season since the pine tree bugs returned.  I can tell you with 1 million% certainty that the last 2 years this tree was occupied by giant hornets, if they have been evicted by beatles then this is good news.  I am playing there tonight, and plan on throwing one of my friends into the tree to see if they get stung.  Then we can end the insect debate.

Spencer

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 10:00:16 AM »
Played there last night (thanks for the #12 tag, Matt Hummel)-definately hornets. Those things don't really sting or bite unless you mess with them.  I got deep in that tree last year, near the nest, and didn't get stung. I also moved into a house in college circa 2003 that had hundreds of them swarming up from holes covering our dirt-yard. moved furniture for 2 hours through THICK swarms of them, larger than the ones at Rosie, and me and my roomates didn't get stung that time, either.

On a side note-hummel lost his shiny new star destroyer on #4 (imagine a 300mph sidearm turning over hard and screaming all the way left across the field, into the woods in front of #2's tee pad). This is only significant because right before he threw it, I told the other 3 people in my group that he had no idea that the howling headwind was about to take his new disc all the way left into the woods, which it did.  I think that my neck beard is now giving me psychic powers...I'm having another vision now.....flashes of images....Palmer....putter rolling away from a basket.....a look of complete and total failure and defeat on his face...Hummel, Craig Loonis and I laughing hysterically....

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 10:56:35 AM »
I think that my neck beard is now giving me psychic powers...I'm having another vision now.....flashes of images....Palmer....putter rolling away from a basket.....a look of complete and total failure and defeat on his face...Hummel, Craig Loonis and I laughing hysterically....

Nope that's just a Palmer putt, nothing remotely psychic about that, but the fact that I laugh for no apparent reason has now been explained.  I thank you for that.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 11:54:18 AM »
you sure you aren't recalling hummel's missed 8 footer to lose the #1 tag?

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 12:01:26 PM »
I tried to find the nest in the tree this morning and couldn't.  I beat on the trunk a couple of times and nothing came out.  No bugs of any kind.  Whatever is inhabiting the tree seems to be docile.
Jim Sherwood

Spencer

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 12:39:53 PM »
you sure you aren't recalling hummel's missed 8 footer to lose the #1 tag?

Quit exagerrating Palmer, it was a 6 footer.  And I recall Myself and Craig Loonis, along with yourself, laughing quite a bit that night when Humble crapped his pants on that putt. We didn't laugh so hard the next tuesday night when we ALL crapped ourselves and gave the #1 to Stevie Wonder.

Whatever is inhabiting the tree seems to be docile

That's because they are no longer inhabiting the tree.  The hornets moved into my beard while I was prodding around in the pine last night. I will probably wait until a crucial putt and release them onto Humble, or whoever else I play against that throws 450' green flicks.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 12:46:51 PM »
lots of hornet room in that neckbeard of yours.

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 01:15:44 PM »
Starting to get to Jack and the Bean Stalk, or Rumpelstiltskin status I'm thinking.....

"There once was a Neckbeard named Spencer
........"

You fill in the blanks!     :D ;D :D ;D
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535