Author Topic: Here to Branson  (Read 785 times)

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Here to Branson
« on: July 16, 2009, 10:15:17 PM »
I am heading to Branson next week and wondered if anyone knew of some good courses to hit between KC and Branson. I have heard Springfield has some good courses. Anyone familiar? Or in Branson? Anywhere on the way down that is worth stopping at? Let me know.
PDGA 39363

gott1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Here to Branson
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 10:35:34 PM »
springfield has a great course ( tom watkins park ) right off of 13 hwy. turn right at kearney st then go to elizabeth st and take a left and the park is on the right behind houses. i played there a few times! there is a 9 hole course in branson never been there good luck   

lz
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 10:42:05 PM by gott1 »
ELZA GOTT

LOCAL DISC GOLFER

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 12:00:31 AM »
Branson has a course but I think you have to be a member for a time share in the community.
Steven Disc Glover

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 12:12:58 AM »
Branson has a course but I think you have to be a member for a time share in the community.

There is an okay nine hole course in Branson in a city park. I threw there in October. Mosquitoes might be a problem. If you're there it's worth playing. Joplin is slightly the wrong direction depending on how you are going down but McLellen (sp) Park is fun.

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 05:46:37 AM »
McClelland.

Also out of the way, by a lot, but worth it is California MO, 9 holer.  It's closer to Jeff City (also a good course) but if you have time or inclination to take the long way home...
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

exminnesotaboy

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 06:29:22 AM »

http://www.pdga.com/course-details?id=1882

is in Branson and if you have a GPS, use it as you have to wind through some neighborhoods to find it.  It is in town, but not busy when I played it a couple of months ago.  Very simple, flat course with a few trees in play.  There is a walking track that goes through the middle of it, but that shouldn't be an issue. 

If you find a Valkyrie in the trees, up the hill on the right of 5, a 6 pack beverage of your choice is in your future :)
Anthony "Tony" Brunsberg

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 07:06:18 AM »
All the courses I played in Springfield were pitch and putt and the holes played back and forth around the other holes....I would definately SKIP springfield and go to Neosho, can't remeber the park but it is definately better golf than Springfield....never played Joplin.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 08:15:43 AM »
Nixa, MO
http://pdga.org/course-details?id=1967

Just south of Springfield
18 holes, concrete pads.
THey used to have a Hooters - double stounrey there, I don't much else.
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 12:01:12 PM »
I would (sigh) concur Nixa is probably the best in the area, but not on a direct path to Branson.....Joplin is cool, I have not played there since they got new baskets ( I think I hear that).  I think that CD was crying when the new ones went in, because the old ones made him feel big and tall like a man! ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 04:11:20 PM »
I would (sigh) concur Nixa is probably the best in the area, but not on a direct path to Branson.....Joplin is cool, I have not played there since they got new baskets ( I think I hear that).  I think that CD was crying when the new ones went in, because the old ones made him feel big and tall like a man! ;D

Nixa's only about 6-7 miles off US 65 if memory serves....I think it's the best course in town.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.