Author Topic: Expansion-Interested in helping  (Read 92 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Expansion-Interested in helping
« on: October 20, 2014, 11:35:28 AM »
Looking to probably expand Cliff in its current configuration to a 24 hole course.  Are you interested in helping?

After many hours of conversation and discussion the realistic footprint is that cliff will remain pretty much the same with expansion to a 24 hole layout.

Will be looking at making current #7 in the short pin vanish.  We will be making the rocks on the right of the fairway OB, and adding more rocks, and trees along that stretch.

#17 will remain as it is, but with more trees, as will #13 and #14.

We will be working on a complete change of the trees coming up with a plan in place.

I have been working diligently at development of a plan that allows the usage of the bike trail and the disc golf course, and I think that all of us agree with the changes that were suggested.  The hope is that this minimizes impact on either of us with the great work that the trails have done in bringing in excitement, and the enjoyment that we have of seeing more people in the park.

Our gem is nice, but to show off the gem is always better.  To know that we have been instrumental in the development and improvements of the park over the past 15 years is also something that we can be proud of.  And finally our ability to engage and work towards a harmonious plan should be cool for us to all enjoy a diverse use of a great green space is wonderful.

Plans look like this:
The 2 new holes-they are partially done, we want to continue to clear it out, plant some dividing trees, and extending them both, initially the first one for the pin, and the pad on the second one.

Beyond hole #4.  Looking to continue around the long placement and wrap around the hillside with a shot about 270-320', then going down the hill a touch and coming back around towards #5 pad.  Initially I have always wanted to have hole #5 pad back further, but in this configuration we will be throwing down the slope of the hill towards it, a tricky placement shot that should be about 250-275' downhill

Beyond #6-going back back back, this hole will gain about 200' going the other direction from current long right placement, with valleys and ravines in place will play very uber technical on the shot.  We will then tee from the woods with a gut line shot about 300' through the woods heading up to the top of the grass to the northside of the road across from the lake.  We will then tee from that part of the land on the northside of the road and go towards current #7 from there.

So we lose short #7, an original hole from the days of past disc golf, we gain a value added partner in continuing to improve and positive activity within the park, and we will see more disc golf holes to play in the park that will create a uniquely interesting challenge to develop a course like very few, and in turn create better disc golfers in KC.

Pay attention as the leaves fall more work will be needed, and I know we can use a lot of help from a lot of people to get this done collectively!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile