Author Topic: 2016 League Plan  (Read 187 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
2016 League Plan
« on: January 04, 2016, 09:57:57 am »
Planning on returning the 2016 Northeast League in a different format (well slightly)

Will move this to the 3rd Monday of the month at Cliff Drive and the 1st Monday of the month at Blue Valley.  This year not a big deal but we may move June's month to align with the Wide Open closest date to the course that may be in use that year.

I believe the Ace Fund is a little over $500 and will continue to be used at both parks.  With Doug and Jim working continually out at Blue Valley we will see shorter courses to align with the possible aces at both now.

Look for more information as we get closer, but right now April 18th looks to be the return to disc golf at Cliff.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

ptinkc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
Re: 2016 League Plan
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 03:00:58 pm »
You should have a league night once a week it will be confusing to have leagues on certain days of the month when there are 4.3 weeks average in a month. I see playing one week night at BV but I'm sure you will get the crowd back to Cliff the other 3 nights of the month. All of the leagues slowed a couple of years ago and they have all come back strong except for WYCO which is a tough night.
Come on Jack you can make it happen! 
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 League Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 03:27:01 pm »
I have been keeping stats for Cliff Drive since leagues were a reality....we had them Sunday, we had them Fridays, we had them Saturdays......Mondays worked best for certain, but attendance generally was barely double digit at its PEAK.  As such making it more destination worthy seems to be the best aligned plan.  2x/month once at each (BV and Cliff) should give some folks back a chance to play it.  If it takes off and there are crowds of people (averaging double digits) I probably will be able to work with someone to help make it back to weekly.

As it stands though for now I am thinking that this is the best play to bring it back and see if it sticks.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"