Author Topic: Cliff Drive History  (Read 23 times)

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Cliff Drive History
« on: Today at 12:51:37 AM »
On Thursday my wife and I celebrated our anniversary by visiting some KC spots tha we hadn't been to before. I finally got to your the boulevard brewery and taste some unreleased selections ( they have a really good spiced saison in the works. Just FYI). Then we drove over to Cliff Drive to visit the Kansas City Museum at Corinthian Hall. I had never been over there except to play the course. I already love cliff drive course because it feels old and has a lot of character. But after touring the Robert E Long Mansion and hearing the history surrounding the park and that neighborhood it made me love it even more. Being  from Olathe all I really see most days is suburb life with very little character and history. Maybe that's why I enjoyed the history lesson so much. If none of you have visited this museum you need to do it! I guess it used to be a science museum but now they are in the process of restoring it to it's original glory. The tour was free and very educational and interesting. I know the rep cliff drive gets is that it's in the ghetto but I no longer view it this way. This course shares a very rich history as part of a Kansas City area that seems forgotten but is very cool. If you are bored some day and aren't out playing I highly encourage anyone who enjoys history, or architecture, or just hearing about how cool our city is to go check this place out. You can find details online.
PDGA 39363