Author Topic: Work Day Sunday May 10 (2015 goals)  (Read 443 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Work Day Sunday May 10 (2015 goals)
« on: May 05, 2015, 01:35:13 pm »
Items to do-based on priority-
Mow holes 2-8
#2-mow fairway all the way to the long placement as well as all along the side towards the West, removing downed trees, careful to not placing anything along the single track trail
--create a better pass through from #2 pin to #3 pad
#3-clear out the entire area around the basket and the side of the hill going up, removing downed trees, and exposing the walls more so
#4-Mowing fairways, clearing out downed trees
#5-Mowing and clearing out the hillside and the green
#6-Mowing fairways.....removing gulley cuts of honeysuckle if possible-complete clearing out the new "long placement"
#7-Clear all along the cliff out of weeds between #8 pad and #7 long basket, start to expose alternate trail at end of the green for Singletrack riders to utilize instead of the green.  (Going past pin and up and reconnect with the trail past the pin, accessible and safer than current configuration)
#8-Clear out more of the long pin green, along the stage and rocks, etc.....

Next priority level......
#1, mow the short pin areas and remove downed trees
Alternate holes, move and spray honeysuckle growths, or remove with shoveling
re grade "fly pads" for flatter stance
#10 clearout the dead tree on the side, use to border long placement roller portection
#11-wait for P&R to spray, but try to chop down weed trees in reservoir
#12-Clean up hill side, (Looks good BTW comparatively to years past!)
#16-Clear out the trees on the inside of the reservoir and get P&R out to clean up.

Next level priority
Get tee pads all backfilled in
Finish the first 2 alternate holes, means clearing out more and planting trees.
New safer stair casing on #4 needs to be done
Bridge to get across the 2 new holes, as well as the new #6 extended, and possibly stair cases for the new hole after #6 extention (though we may be able to move the current stairs from #6, and repurpose them)
Expand hole #4 to get new pad/pins around the corner, then start to get another coming back to the current #5 clear out.
Additional holes beyond new extended #6 (this is going to be 3 additional holes)

Plant trees as approved by P&R and in conjunction with Trails/safety components.

This is an aggressive plan, but one that I hope we can get done.  Help can be used for however long you can be out there!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:45:12 am by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Work Day Sunday May 10 (2015 goals)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 02:40:30 pm »
Man tired of rain.  I will be out there on Tuesday night after work.  Probably close to 5:30.  Plan on Tuesday is to mow #2, and possibly #1 a little more.

If there is an extra set of hands, we may scratch that and go straight to #3 and #4.

Drew and I got some work done (ok mainly Drew) on #1 and #10 long.  Will want to clear out some trees that are dead on #10 long and "buffer" it to the backside.

That can be later though....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 09:46:21 am »
going to go and work on #4 and possibly #5 tonight after work if there is any interest in helping.  You will have to park down by #5 (off Chestnut) extra hands help out.  #2 looks great thanks to Drew and myself yesterday cranking it out.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

johnny1282

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 11:41:26 pm »
Will parks and rec give me trash bags to help clean this beautiful piece of land? If not it's ok, I'll bring bags of my own, just curious

johnny1282

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 11:45:51 pm »
I'll get it there next week and knock a couple things off the list. Just let me know what's most pressing to you jack, I'll be out there Monday and Tuesday for sure, weather permitting

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 10:33:42 am »
I can get you as many bags as you need.  Weather wasn't right last night, and the doctor told me to not go out and do stuff yesterday....shall see how today goes....  I will leave a bunch of bags somewhere tonight for you to grab, probably in all honesty under a rock in the railroad ties off #1.  But may hide them a little towards #10 basket so they won't get stolen, because you know they wouldn't get used in the park..... :'(
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Zier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 09:54:47 pm »
Will parks and rec give me trash bags to help clean this beautiful piece of land? If not it's ok, I'll bring bags of my own, just curious

I've got half a box of bags in my car as well. I'll have some out at Smithville on Saturday. Looks like it's going to rain all/most of the weekend.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 01:12:05 pm »
Sorry, I wasn't out there yesterday as I got back from the doctor, it was raining, and I thought it was going to be raining more than it did.

I will try to get out there on Saturday to get #4 if time allows.

I have had to go to the doctor everyday this week and haven't been able to move so mowing the hills have been right out. 

On a positive note, I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel, and hopefully will be better as time allows me to get there.  I finally feel as though I can throw a disc again, which I haven't felt safe to do since May 3.  Going this long without throwing SUX!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

johnny1282

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 05:56:07 pm »
You just get yourself better sir. It will be Monday before I'm able to do any work. I appreciate the bags and will be sure to fill em. Thanks for the feedback Jake and Nate

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 09:27:34 am »
I will try to get out there tonight to mow #4 is my plan, I wanted to try yesterday, but the rain on Saturday threw that right out of the plans.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"