Author Topic: Earn your Green Frees.  (Read 7439 times)

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Earn your Green Frees.
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2015, 01:39:35 pm »
A few of us will be out tomorrow working on the park. If you want to "earn your green fee" come on out, 9-12 Saturday morning meet at the traffic triangle by #7.
I like BIG putts.

Hoeser

• Administrator
  • Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2015, 06:16:23 pm »
I just made a calendar event for this on the website and put the link across all our Social Media.. hopefully that will drive a few more helpers tomorrow!

http://kcfdc.org/event/5-23-15-blue-valley-course-workday/
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:18:15 pm by Hoeser »
Rob Hoesly
rob.hoesly@gmail.com
816-200-1218
KCFDC # 1516
PDGA # 59482

Grip It & Rip It!

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2015, 10:41:21 pm »
I will be out at BV on Wednesday @ 11:00, getting the course ready for the Wide Open. I used the clubs new pole saw out there today and could use some help cleaning up the downed branches. A pair of gloves and a spare hour is all you need to help.
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2015, 07:53:13 pm »
Done - Thanks HuskerBen, I appreciate the help!
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2015, 12:12:28 am »
Blue Valley is basically unplayable right now, there are whole trees down all over the course. P&R got after the initial damage, from the storm a few weeks ago, but all of the rain that we've been having made the ground too wet for some of the larger trees. P&R have been notified and will get to it ASAP. I will report back when the cleanup is finished - Thanks for your patience and understanding.
I like BIG putts.

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2015, 09:55:14 am »
That is most unfortunate, but part of nature.

Does anyone know if these fallen tress both here and Waterworks, can be taken for firewood? It's city property so I'm not sure.  I called and left voice mail several times too.  Jack, any idea? Thank you.

swezy

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2015, 10:08:47 am »
I was out there playing Saturday morning. I played Big Blue 1-16.  There are some limbs down, but I wouldn't call it unplayable.  The teepad/sign on #6 were covered by a downed tree and the green on #11 was pretty swampy.  Other than that, it wasn't too bad.

Regarding the firewood, I have no idea if it is actually legal to take or not (doubt it), but I did see someone cutting up limbs and loading them up in their truck.  They didn't seem to have any affiliation with the club or the parks department.  I'd say go for it.  There's plenty to choose from.
kcfdc #1468

pdga #57407