Author Topic: Earn your Green Frees.  (Read 5680 times)

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Earn your Green Frees.
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2014, 09:26:14 pm »
I will be having a workday this Saturday 8/9 if anybody is interested. I would like to put a long placement in on #16 and a short placement for #17. I will be there at 9:00 a.m. I have all necessary equipment  for the job - so just show up. Please and Thank You.
I like BIG putts.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2014, 10:59:32 pm »
We have our big cleanup at cliff this weekend.   I hate having conflicting cleans in The NE.
Dammit
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2014, 11:01:28 pm »
Mine should be quick, I will come help afterwards.
I like BIG putts.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2014, 09:29:40 am »
Can we meet on Friday night to do this that you speak of?  I can probably come help...  Or even on Thursday if that works.

BTW, the course looked great last night, I didn't realize that some of the pins were shorter now, it made me alter the layout for the league, but I am hopeful that people had fun on it.  really can make some fun designs out there, the joy of the land is a certain added benefit.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2014, 11:27:27 am »
I just talked to Ben C. - Thursday doesn't work for him and Friday doesn't work for me. I will cancel the BV workday and bring all of the NE manpower to Cliff Dr. on Sat. We can get those pins set whenever - they aren't going anywhere. P.S. I did have the course set short to try and get more people to come out and play, BV can really be intimidating esp. during these hot summer months.
I like BIG putts.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2014, 11:29:57 am »
I had to alter league, but I think that they had fun.

Throwing after #9 on the short from the "diamond" on the water over to #3 short has always been a favorite of mine with little risk, it is just fun to play.  I heard Zeke put it by the pin on that one.

If we can do it on Wednesday I can still help as well.

Actually let me change that....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2015, 04:16:58 pm »
I was just out at BV and boy is it trashy. I cleaned the parking lot /water park of all trash, trimmed the prairie grass in the planters, cleaned out the valley of 10 and 11. I picked up 10 small bags of trash and barely made a dent. If anybody is interested in going out there for a complete walk through/trash pickup, it would be appreciated and will earn you a payed for lunch and a pat on the back. I would like to get the park de-trashed so we can install some new pin placements out there. This "workday" will only take a few hours and will most likely be on a Saturday morning. The weather is hard to judge this time of year, so I can't plan too far in advance - but I will try to give a few days notice. Please consider coming out and helping make this THE BEST course in town. Thank you! Oh yeah, there was a Kreiger sighting as well.
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2015, 06:06:02 pm »
I am having a "workday" this Saturday at 10 a.m. I will mostly be picking up trash in a few of the more trashy spots and also scouting for some new pin placements. I will be out there for a few hours working then I would be up for playing a rd. 
I like BIG putts.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2015, 12:22:04 pm »
Thanks Doug, had kiddos this weekend and couldn't make it out there or Cliff like I wanted to do.  Excellent job though on the photos I saw!  I appreciate it greatly!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:12:58 pm by Hoeser »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2015, 10:27:53 am »
Been seeing some great work out there!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2015, 06:58:55 pm »
Thanks Jack! Jim and I were hard at it again today. We set a short placement on #2, then we set a short placement for #5 only to realize that now we wanted to move "long" 5 up and to the right to make a more difficult green. Jim Kreeger and I set or leveled 7 placements in the last week or so and trimmed a bunch of trees. I am excited to see what people think of the new placements and the overall park. I also wanted to say thank you again to MikeK, Liz, NateZ, Jack, BenW, RobM, and my family for coming out to help with the Blue River Rescue last Saturday. With their help and about 20 other non DG'ers we put about 100 man hours cleaning the East side of the Blue Valley Disc Golf park.
I like BIG putts.

MK

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2015, 10:29:22 pm »
I can't wait to see the park after all the changes!  Thanks so much for all your help with that beautiful park.
Mike Krueger

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2015, 10:54:43 am »
Hey guys/gals, I am going to have a workday at Blue Valley next Saturday May 2nd from 9-11. I would like to work the area in between short
#7 and #3 tee pad. The reason for the work is because I set #7 in the long position (hasn't been there in several years) and it has gotten over grown. If you have a leaf blower, weed eater, chain saw, some loppers (or even just helping hands) please come out and help. This is one of the prettier parts of the park and will be an awesome par 5 - it totally deserves to be cleaned up.
I like BIG putts.