Author Topic: Trash...(just a rant)  (Read 1741 times)

chickenfeet

Trash...(just a rant)
« on: July 19, 2009, 12:09:09 PM »
Okay just a little of me ranting and raving about something that has been really getting under my skin recently.
Trash.
So it doesn't seem to matter which course I'm at, whether it be Prairie Center, Shawnee Mission, Rosedale, or even WYE, but all the courses in this area have trash cans all over the place.  I find trash dumped on holes literally about fifty feet away from the trashcans all the time.  And I know its not everyone doing it, hell, I know its probably not even anyone on this website, but it really annoys me how lazy people can be, especially when it comes to maintaining the courses we all love.

Once again, sorry, I know it probably isn't anyone on here, just needed to get that off my chest.

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
Re: Trash...(just a rant)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 12:39:02 PM »
Only thing I would disagree with is SMP - there aren't any cans on the course. There is one near the first tee, one sort of near #8 fairway but beyond that P&R really needs to put a few cans out there.

I do however agree and this has been discussed on other posts; just bring out everything you take in and since there are a bunch of lazy scums that apparently like to use the courses, take a few extra pieces of trash each time you play!

www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 02:51:19 PM »
This has been an ongoing battle since the first disc golf courses went in. All we, who do care, can do, is to patiently pick up after people who apparently never learned that you don't "s_ _ _ where you live." A pet peeve of mine is players who do not field strip their cigarette butts.

Some very early PDGA materials back when I joined in 1983 reminded us to leave the course in better condition than we found it. This is still good advice. I will play a little game within the game to make the course better. If I make a really good shot, I'll pick up some trash to celebrate. If I make a really awful shot, I'll pick up some trash as penance. There are a few people in town who always carry a plastic bag when they play to gather up trash.

As we prepare to welcome over 900 players to the Worlds, I hope that many of us will continue to make the courses better than we found them.

Rick

Okay just a little of me ranting and raving about something that has been really getting under my skin recently.
Trash.
So it doesn't seem to matter which course I'm at, whether it be Prairie Center, Shawnee Mission, Rosedale, or even WYE, but all the courses in this area have trash cans all over the place.  I find trash dumped on holes literally about fifty feet away from the trashcans all the time.  And I know its not everyone doing it, hell, I know its probably not even anyone on this website, but it really annoys me how lazy people can be, especially when it comes to maintaining the courses we all love.

Once again, sorry, I know it probably isn't anyone on here, just needed to get that off my chest.
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 10:18:19 PM »
I was at WYE tonight, and at least I didn't see any beer cans!
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

chickenfeet

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 12:39:17 AM »
I was at WYE tonight, and at least I didn't see any beer cans!

Yea I picked a TON of them up yesterday when I was out there though

jbriz75

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 02:21:21 PM »
Spent my second round on sunday 09-19-09 picking up QT cups, beer cans(UNACCEPTABLE at a school!) and ended up with a horrible case of poison ivy rash. Oh well better than having the pins pulled for a couple of weeks. I am not apart of kcfdc but where can I pick up cheap spray for the Poison Ivy?

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 04:35:16 PM »
Spent my second round on sunday 09-19-09 picking up QT cups, beer cans(UNACCEPTABLE at a school!) and ended up with a horrible case of poison ivy rash. Oh well better than having the pins pulled for a couple of weeks. I am not apart of kcfdc but where can I pick up cheap spray for the Poison Ivy?
cheap stuff won't work!  If you 're talking to kill the PI, Roundup doesn't do it quickly.  It takes a few applications before anything happens.  There are some specific PI killing chemicals, I don't have the names handy right now though.

If you're talking for your skin, Tecnu is the best stuff.  It ain't cheap, though.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

Keizer

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 08:34:38 AM »
Diesel is around $2.40 a gallon right now... ;)