Author Topic: Milwaukee, Wisconsin?  (Read 611 times)

lordofthegoal

Milwaukee, Wisconsin?
« on: July 19, 2009, 02:45:57 PM »
I have to head up to Milwaukee this week for work and was looking at the pdga site to find some courses up there.  It looks like there are a dozen with 20 miles and I wasn't sure if anyone had played up there and had suggestions?  I was leaning towards trying to get to Dineen Park, Valley View Park, Brown Deer Park, and Dretzka Park.  It sounds like a couple of those were used during the 2007 amateur worlds.  Just looking for recommedations if anyone has played up in that neck of the woods before.  Thanks!

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Milwaukee, Wisconsin?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 04:17:22 PM »
Dineen, Dretzka and Brown Deer were used for 07 Worlds.  Dineen is an old par 3 ball golf course not much challenge or excitement.  Brown Deer is a wooded and technical, strokes can creep up fast, but it is a pretty park and course.  Dretzka is a nice course that seems to get a lot of play.  Brown Deer and Dineen (I think) were just planted for Worlds so they may have changed and play differently two years later.
Jim Sherwood

DrRyan

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 06:24:38 PM »
Last summer when I was up in WI with Erin to see her side of the family I got a chance to play Dretzka.  It is definitely worth playing.  I also heard good things about Brown Deer but it was closed for a ball golf tourney the weekend I was there. 
Put down your shiny new speedy driver and learn to throw the Roc!

tallpaul

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 01:42:08 PM »
Brown Deer and Dredtzka are best and are two very good courses.  Lime Kiln Park, Grafton, is a very good nine.  Final hole at Lime Kiln plays up to 4 75 foot tall lime kilns; interesting feature of type rarely seen.  2,899 long tees for Lime Kiln.  Valley View o.k.; fairly short; 4,371 long tees; big pinewood derby hill/track on site.  Dineen o.k. 6,165 from long tees; fairly open.  Village Park in Sussex similar 5,565. Tendick Park a nice 18 that gets better every time I go there.  Local club doing nice job with that one.  More wooded; 6,282 feet.    A little west of milwaukee is a very nice nine in Waterloo; Fireman's Park; 2,900 feet.  Good water shot on last hole.  Near that one in Watertown, is a nice 18, Rock River DGC 6,099 feet.  New back nine especially nice.   IMOH; courses in order that I would play in town:  1. Tie between Dredtzka and Brown Deer.  3. Grafton, Lime Kiln Park  4.  Tendick Nature Area.  The other two west of Milwaukee are also worth a day if possible.  There are no real dogs amongst the 20 possible in area.  Erin Go Braugh Park, Spassland and Sports Complex probably least attractive of whole bunch.

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 01:53:49 PM »
or screw it and head to Madison.....you will not be upset as all the courses there are worth playing, but play Vallata Ast (?sp) off 94 for sure, its worth the $5 to get a daily parking pass, and only like 2 hours away.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"