KCFDC Courses > William Yates Elementary

New pin and tee box locations

(1/3) > >>

jbriz75:
SO yesterday (Friday 24th) I went ans played yates. New pin locations on 5,8,9,and 12. 10 has a new tee box location. It has added a new level of challenge obviously with a new hyzer approach to 5, a longer 8 and 9 pin location and the biggie is the an-hyzer approach to 12. Chased a lot of discs into the woods. Very fun!

john theiss:
Been trying to get several changes made and working like crazy out there. the rest of my summer free time is committed, but i got several things accomplished.  After WORLDS, the course will change even more when i install some fly pads.  Seventeen will have a longer tee pad on the other sidce of the creek, along with 16, 11, 8, 4, and 3.   These alternative tee pads will lengthen several holes in the 200+ range.  Don't be fooled, those 200+ holes are very technical.  I had a great deal of help on Sunday from Kent Turpin and his friend Jason.  Kent brought out a hot saw and we cut up a large old culvert.  I am going to use the pieces to build a bridge on 17 by dropping rock over the culverts.  we put the remaining 10 feet of culvert on 5's fairway by the new pin placement to encourage water to flow away from the fairway and to give the mower an access point to mow.  I wanted to mix up the pin locations at Yates since there will be increased foot traffic this week.  Hole 4 has a section behind the tee pad that was mowed out by maintence and it is just waiting for a fly pad and an additional tee post.

come check out Yates this week.  it is usually mowed pretty low unlike one of the other courses that is open this week.  Beware of the snapping turtle on hole 1's creek!  if you find it, you can have it and make you some turtle soup.

CD:

--- Quote from: jtheiss on July 27, 2009, 10:50:58 AM ---Come check out Yates this week.  it is usually mowed pretty low unlike one of the other courses that is open this week.  Beware of the snapping turtle on hole 1's creek!  if you find it, you can have it and make you some turtle soup.

--- End quote ---

Great job John! Turtle Soup? Never tried it...

otter:
...tastes like chicken...from a swamp!   :P

Ghostrider:
John, this is Kent.  It was our pleasure to help and give back to a sport that's captured my heart.  If you ever need any more help you've got my number.  Thanks for the driving tips too, I've noticed an improvement already.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version