Author Topic: New pin and tee box locations  (Read 5419 times)

jbriz75

New pin and tee box locations
« on: July 25, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »
SO yesterday (Friday 24th) I went ans played yates. New pin locations on 5,8,9,and 12. 10 has a new tee box location. It has added a new level of challenge obviously with a new hyzer approach to 5, a longer 8 and 9 pin location and the biggie is the an-hyzer approach to 12. Chased a lot of discs into the woods. Very fun!

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New pin and tee box locations
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 10:50:58 AM »
Been trying to get several changes made and working like crazy out there. the rest of my summer free time is committed, but i got several things accomplished.  After WORLDS, the course will change even more when i install some fly pads.  Seventeen will have a longer tee pad on the other sidce of the creek, along with 16, 11, 8, 4, and 3.   These alternative tee pads will lengthen several holes in the 200+ range.  Don't be fooled, those 200+ holes are very technical.  I had a great deal of help on Sunday from Kent Turpin and his friend Jason.  Kent brought out a hot saw and we cut up a large old culvert.  I am going to use the pieces to build a bridge on 17 by dropping rock over the culverts.  we put the remaining 10 feet of culvert on 5's fairway by the new pin placement to encourage water to flow away from the fairway and to give the mower an access point to mow.  I wanted to mix up the pin locations at Yates since there will be increased foot traffic this week.  Hole 4 has a section behind the tee pad that was mowed out by maintence and it is just waiting for a fly pad and an additional tee post.

come check out Yates this week.  it is usually mowed pretty low unlike one of the other courses that is open this week.  Beware of the snapping turtle on hole 1's creek!  if you find it, you can have it and make you some turtle soup.

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 12:10:47 PM »
Come check out Yates this week.  it is usually mowed pretty low unlike one of the other courses that is open this week.  Beware of the snapping turtle on hole 1's creek!  if you find it, you can have it and make you some turtle soup.

Great job John! Turtle Soup? Never tried it...
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 03:08:28 PM »
...tastes like chicken...from a swamp!   :P
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

Ghostrider

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 09:18:22 AM »
John, this is Kent.  It was our pleasure to help and give back to a sport that's captured my heart.  If you ever need any more help you've got my number.  Thanks for the driving tips too, I've noticed an improvement already.
"The most powerful and predictable people-builders are praise and encouragement." - Brian Tracy

Rand

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 10:10:33 AM »
I played Yates several times (with the kids) since the updates.  Great job John, Kent and Jason the updates are awesome!
Is that pedestrian carrying a disc?

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 04:01:05 PM »
took the boys out and we loved the changes so far.  thanks for all of the work John.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 09:47:05 AM »
I just picked up the all the old flypads that belonged to the club. The club has donated these pads in order for me to have some longer tees.  i am very thankful to have these because i can change the course quickly without having  to do back breaking work.  The shorter tees will still remain, however, now players have the choice of throwing from longer distances ranging in the low to mid 200's on 5 more holes.  These old pads will be of great use at yates.  They are the perfect size for the course 5x 7.  i will be doing some dirt work tonight and should have a couple new pad locations very soon. 

These are the holes that will have the new tees first. 
#4-directly behind the curent box- just had maintanence brush hog it
 #8 -behind current box and this may become the best hole out there! great tunnel shot
 #11 directly behind the current box that i recently rebuilt- look for a tee sign  in the tree line
#13-tucked behind the big trees at the bottom of the hill on hole12, near the fence
#16 directly behind current box and is down the hill towards 15's tee- will be a blind shot

#17 needs more rock to build the rock bridge but is on  the list.  i need more rock/concrete debris to be dropped in the hole.  i am waiting for donations to be dumped into creek.  i have the culvert, i just need material to fill over the culverts for a walking bridge.

#18 will have a longer pad spray painted on the sidewalk behind the current pad. 

I want to thank the club for giving me the flypads to install at Yates.  Those old things sat around at Swope and were not being used and Yates will definately benefit from them. 

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 10:18:06 AM »
Excellent job out there John! I played last Thursday and was pleasantly surprised by the changes  8)
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Keizer

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 10:10:02 AM »
Theiss, go pick up my sign plaque, dammit! ;D

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 10:11:19 AM »
excellent work out at yates john!  the new pins are much tougher and add some nice challenges.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 08:53:12 AM »
The new tee pads are finally installed on holes
17- across creek

I have a tee post for each hole labeled with the number

Keizer

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 06:36:35 PM »
I played Yates last night, John, and must have just missed you. The concrete was still wet on the new sign posts. The new configuration is definitely more humbling than the original-- I particularly enjoyed the new #6 and the new #17. Keep up the good work out there, heck, you might even get around to putting my donor plaque up if you don't take a break... ;) :D