Author Topic: baskets gone?-who took them, when will they be back?  (Read 7557 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
baskets gone?-who took them, when will they be back?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 04:18:41 PM »
sure you will.  I can just hear the excitement in your note.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 05:47:19 PM »
Yup Bales Lake, drove through there on my home, didn't see any drainage taking place. I did see some hoses by the pond. I think that they took the day off, being cold today and all.
Mike Penney

Mark Morales

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2006, 07:23:47 PM »
To Will, Tim, Dan, Jim,  and all the course coordinators, and club members about Blue Valley Park. I will assist with arranging a work day, when i recieve a confirmation from the group, and the ACCENT workers coordinators.We can work on the needs that you guys suggest. What about the second or third Saturday in March?

On the draining of the Bales Lake in Blue Valley Park, the Police are actually looking for a weapon from the first killing in 2006 which took place on 16th and Topping, not a body. If  everyone  remembers on the West side of the lake on Topping it is a few feet to the water, and people think that they can hide crime evidence in a few feet or water. Also back in 2004 there was a body dropped off in the lake, and the actual killing did not happen in the park but elsewhere.
Will and Tim, i will call you guys soon and plan on being in the park next week to spread the soil around the tee areas which have been poured.

It's Looooking good.

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 10:56:41 PM »
I spoke with Dan today, and the course has been surveyed.

11,049 feet................

Man that is long, and with the elevation changes it plays a lot longer.

Is there a longer disc golf course in the world?
Mike Penney

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 07:38:11 AM »
Quote from: "Mark Morales"
To Will, Tim, Dan, Jim,  and all the course coordinators, and club members about Blue Valley Park. I will assist with arranging a work day, when i recieve a confirmation from the group, and the ACCENT workers coordinators.We can work on the needs that you guys suggest. What about the second or third Saturday in March?

On the draining of the Bales Lake in Blue Valley Park, the Police are actually looking for a weapon from the first killing in 2006 which took place on 16th and Topping, not a body. If  everyone  remembers on the West side of the lake on Topping it is a few feet to the water, and people think that they can hide crime evidence in a few feet or water. Also back in 2004 there was a body dropped off in the lake, and the actual killing did not happen in the park but elsewhere.
Will and Tim, i will call you guys soon and plan on being in the park next week to spread the soil around the tee areas which have been poured.

It's Looooking good.

fantastic.  Depending on when we pour Feburary may be ok too.  but Mark any time you can get help out there we'll be thankful.  Ask Dan to be sure but i'd bet second to third weekend in march would be fine.

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
bales lake
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2006, 09:36:59 AM »
its empty.  cops found 2 revolvers and 2 shotguns.  nice.
i didn't see any discs.  its pretty freakin muddy in there and the cops didn't look too happy about doing that particular job.

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 12:49:29 PM »
I heard that the Missouri conservation is going to clean the bottom out they said its been like 25 years sence they cleaned that lake out...
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2006, 08:29:56 AM »
bryan guthrie was out there playing yesterday, and said he saw a few "tombstoned" discs, the dogs that were with him got stuck in the mud though, so we need it to dry out, obviously not today.

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
across from our park.....
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2006, 08:33:03 AM »

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2006, 09:17:13 AM »
they did the same thing down the street from where the blue ridge mall once stood. crazy.......just crazy!
Mike Penney

Jack_Daniel's

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2006, 05:54:32 PM »
I was stumbling around out at Blue Valley yesterday, and I stubbed my toes on some hard substance in between those forms ya'll had out there forever. Kudo's for the nice change.

Pope-Perry

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 09:24:09 PM »
The Disc Gods have looked down upon this park called blue Valley and said "Let there be concrete tee pads!", and there was! Long live the brave men who play this course, and many praises for those who made this good thing for Disc Golf happen!!!!!

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2006, 09:32:17 PM »
Yep you read it right, the tee pads are done for the Championship course. They were poured saterday just in time for hopefully what will be the last freeze of the season. They will be ripe once the ground dries out and ready for action. Thanks for the help Will, Tim, Kelly, Larry, Arturo and crew. Thanks for this aswome course Dan and Jim, your time is much appreciated.
Mike Penney

andrew.jewett

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 12:55:03 PM »
Hey, BV is awesome! I have been playing just under a year, and was delighted to find this course. I lost my blue champion beast(172g) on hole #3 in the lake. That par 5 is a real pain, and I was trying to throw an anhyzer that ended up never coming back left. The darn thing pulled a u-turn and ended up behind me in that lake. Anyways, it was actually my good friend's disc that she let me borrow, so if anyone finds it and is in a giving mood, a would greatly appreciate getting it back. Thanks. By the way, I have not been to BV in probably a month. Are the pads finished or has the weather prevented things from coming along over there?

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2006, 12:58:34 PM »
Quote from: "A-Lefty"
Yep you read it right, the tee pads are done for the Championship course. They were poured saterday just in time for hopefully what will be the last freeze of the season. They will be ripe once the ground dries out and ready for action. Thanks for the help Will, Tim, Kelly, Larry, Arturo and crew. Thanks for this aswome course Dan and Jim, your time is much appreciated.

To answer your question....
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org