General > General Banter

Visiting KC MO

(1/3) > >>

Eagle One:
I will be visiting the KC area next week and am curious if there are any courses close to the downtown area (near the Municipal Auditorium).  I did a search on PDGA and believe Rosedale is the closest.  Is that right? Not sure if I will have time to get out and play a round but know that my transportation around town will be somewhat limited.  I might get a  chance to come check out the DUI depending on my work schedule.  If I get the chance and have transportation which course should I try to get to?  (I play La Mirada here in California about a +9, if that helps).  Thanks for any info.
John Wiese

Flip:
You might want to give Water Works a shot, no farther away and less crowded.  Check the 'courses' page on this site for a map(click club logo in ul corner), be sure and check out the 'walk the course' link on the left side of each course's page for a flash tour at the playdg site.

Always wanted to play La Mirada,  heard that the course might be taken out any truth to that?

- Sean

Eagle One:
Thanks Sean for the info.  I haven't heard anything about the course being removed, I certainly hope not for multiple reasons.  First, its fun to play, usually 27 holes set up (sometimes 36) and the number of people walking the course seem to be increasing.  It's located right next to the local high school so gets a young crowd.  Secondly, I teach a university activity course in disc golf and that is our home course.  I'll check with
Mike Williams at the pro shop next time I'm there.
John

Flip:
Now that I think about it maybe it was Delavega(sp?).  Enjoy your visit to KC.

-Sean

jack:
Sean DeLa is what they ARE TALKING ABOUT TAKING OUT.  La Mirada is basically in LA area.  Cliff Drive is the closest course to Down Town.  You will be fine playing there, but start on hole #6 and hit the woods first, the rest of the course will be ok to play in twilight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version