Author Topic: KC's FIRST EVER ACE RACE!!!!  (Read 10724 times)

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: KC's FIRST EVER ACE RACE!!!!
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2009, 11:08:02 AM »
17%

That is the most I've ever heard of.  How short were they?  Obviously, the recommended 180-240 won't work well with a putter.

Spencer

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2009, 12:24:35 PM »
That is the most I've ever heard of.  How short were they?  Obviously, the recommended 180-240 won't work well with a putter.

I asked him that as well, and he told me they averaged about 200'...I'm sure he can elaborate if he sees this post.  I remember the last time I hit four 200' shots with a putter in 2 rounds....wait a minute...nevermind.....

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2009, 01:53:46 PM »
That's my favorite number Andy!  Too bad i can't pull a WalMart and roll back the posts.   :o

Get a room you two  :o
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

fisherman bob

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2009, 10:55:30 PM »
This is guerilla marketing at its best.  You HAVE to use a new model Discraft disc?  The genius who thought of this should be enshrined in the advertising hall of fame!

chi chi rodweez

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2009, 10:22:36 AM »
This is guerilla marketing at its best.  You HAVE to use a new model Discraft disc?  The genius who thought of this should be enshrined in the advertising hall of fame!

Bob,  yes this is marketing gold..Not a big fan of only using those discs but it's part of the deal.  You will, however, be able to use any disc you want for the MTA and ring of fire contest.

Discraft is making bank on these things but i really like the concept of the ace race and i'm sure it will be a blast. 

hope to see you out there.

tim

chi chi rodweez

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2009, 10:34:54 AM »
Just registered for 2 spots...see ya all there!

Dan  8)

Dan...whats the name of hte 2nd player you regsitered? 

thanks,

tim

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2009, 10:42:50 AM »
Just registered for 2 spots...see ya all there!

Dan 

Dan...whats the name of hte 2nd player you regsitered? 

thanks,

tim

Dusty DeWitt
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

fisherman bob

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2009, 11:35:43 PM »

Bob,  yes this is marketing gold..Not a big fan of only using those discs but it's part of the deal.  You will, however, be able to use any disc you want for the MTA and ring of fire contest.

Discraft is making bank on these things but i really like the concept of the ace race and i'm sure it will be a blast. 

hope to see you out there.  I wish I could be there but I've got to prepare a bunch of music equipment for our Spring Hill gig.  If you get done early come on out, it's at The Hideout Bar, 109 S Rogers St (Woodland) in Spring Hill. 

tim

fisherman bob

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2009, 11:38:13 PM »
It looks like I srewed up the previous quote.  Anyway I'll be gigging that night in Spring Hill which means I won't be out at the Ace Race.  The gig is at The Hideout, Spring Hill, Kansas 109 S Rogers Rd (Woodland).  Come on out if you get done early enough.  We play from 9pm to 1am

Spencer

« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2009, 11:09:10 PM »
How many spots are left? Is day-of registration going to be available? I pre-registered but have 2 friends who are going to play but are waiting to sign up...

chi chi rodweez

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2009, 09:16:08 PM »
Spencer,

there are 50 of 88 spots already registered.  i would have them register online asap.

tim

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2009, 09:53:08 PM »
Tim, Timko, and I laid out the Ace Race course today, and it is flippin fun. There are a couple of holes at 200, most about 140 -110, a few even shorter but all with some challenge. It's a Safari Ace Race for sure. I think we settled on 21 holes, so you get three extra shots at points and/or cash (for those in the optional ace pool). Can't wait, gonna be fun 8)  Oh yeah,the lay out includes some stacked baskets, a hanging basket, and surprises to come ::)

kchippie

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2009, 11:12:04 PM »
It's when you use a tee pad for a basket that it doesn't belong to.  Like throwing from hole 1's tee pad to 4's basket at Rosedale.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my brand new disc the most.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2009, 09:53:39 AM »
I think we are using 3/4 of the teepads out there.  Most of them will tee from grass.  There will be at least 4 (?) temp baskets used as well.

chi chi rodweez

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2009, 09:57:10 AM »
I think we are using 3/4 of the teepads out there.  Most of them will tee from grass.  There will be at least 4 (?) temp baskets used as well.

Thanks again for your help yesterday Chris!

tim