Author Topic: KC's FIRST EVER ACE RACE!!!!  (Read 10392 times)

Leo D.

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: KC's FIRST EVER ACE RACE!!!!
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2009, 08:15:30 AM »
The mold is the only thing that compares this disc to a wizard. Its nowhere near stable as a wizard, very compareable to a challenger, just a tad bit faster.
iscraft Golf Discs

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2009, 09:17:14 AM »
hmm.  Mine is about as stable as my wizard... maybe because it is pink!

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2009, 09:18:16 AM »
The problem comes when the Wizard hits the ground.  Roll Roll Roll away.  Wizards roll away.  Down the hill around the bend and no where near the hole.

Perhaps you should land in the basket more often.

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2009, 09:50:55 AM »
 :o ;D
Team Ls Discs

Leo D.

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2009, 11:33:12 AM »
hmm.  Mine is about as stable as my wizard... maybe because it is pink!

It must be ESP. I've got D Challengers more stable than the two D Focus' i have.
iscraft Golf Discs

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2009, 12:00:37 PM »
The problem comes when the Wizard hits the ground.  Roll Roll Roll away.  Wizards roll away.  Down the hill around the bend and no where near the hole.

Perhaps you should land in the basket more often.

I do with a Challenger.  The Army-man plastic melted down to make the Wizard bounces off the chains.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2009, 01:00:11 PM »
Yep. Just like I figured.
My knee is not going to be ready by this weekend to play. I just hope I can get around enough to make it out to pick up my players pack and drink a few suds with you guys.
This one sounded like lots of fun too darn it.
The end result was my maniscus was damaged on both sides plus I had some cartilage damage.
I may be ready to play in a few months.
Like I suggested, go ahead and sell my spot Eric and Tim.
Steven Disc Glover

chi chi rodweez

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2009, 01:54:21 PM »
Yep. Just like I figured.
My knee is not going to be ready by this weekend to play. I just hope I can get around enough to make it out to pick up my players pack and drink a few suds with you guys.
This one sounded like lots of fun too darn it.
The end result was my maniscus was damaged on both sides plus I had some cartilage damage.
I may be ready to play in a few months.
Like I suggested, go ahead and sell my spot Eric and Tim.

Glover...damn..sorry to hear that.  Call me if you are going to make it out for your players pack.  816-916-8150...and call b4 like 9:30 on saturday.  I will sell the spot if we have to turn people away but if i know you are going to be out there to pick it up i'll save you a players pack since you pre reg...

tim

Spencer

« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2009, 04:38:13 PM »
1) What time are player's packs available saturday morning?
2) Are there different weights/colors of the discs? Do you have to take an ESP and a D or can u get two of one kind?  Basically I'm asking if we will have varying Focus' to choose from when we get there saturday or will we just get handed two randoms....

Keizer

« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2009, 10:31:38 PM »
Here ya go, Spencer, from Discraft's site:

2009 Prototype PDGA Approved: For the first time in Ace Race history, this year's disc is a putter! It is now PDGA approved, and will fly under the name Focus. Each player will receive two versions: one in Pro D plastic, and one in ESP

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2009, 11:00:56 PM »
Andy, you can pick up you player's pack starting at 9:00. As far as choice goes, it's one ESP and one D first come, first serve.
Glover, Glad to hear you can make it out even of for just suds and plastic, next time for sure. Get that knee back in shape!
everyone else, I am flippin' stoked about this! I am working on your maps right now. Thanks Dick and Timco. Big thanks to Tim Becks for doing the leg work while I have been working like a dog (the life of adjunct faculty...). Tyrone showing up to spin the wheels o steel too.
So show up, get a group together, and run 'em. Two reminders: we will have a big boy ace fund of ten greenbacks to be split by the number of aces, and while we will provide beverages, (thanks to Gomers and  VitaminWater) we will not have any food (no budget for it), so you might wanna bring a snack  :P
A shout out to Jim Neal as well, high fives all around, but no singing  ;D

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2009, 11:22:21 PM »
Doh! Did I ever mention random doubles afterwards. Five bucks a man, playing tee pads to numbered flags. Ace Race will finish early, so if you can stay, play!

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2009, 08:25:07 AM »
Im in ,Just found out I am off.See ya there!!!!!!And Thanks guys for putting this on .
Team Ls Discs

Spencer

« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »
Andy, you can pick up you player's pack starting at 9:00. As far as choice goes, it's one ESP and one D first come, first serve.

Eric-I don't know who this Andy character is (sounds like trouble...), but thanks for the info-the event is sounding pretty sweet!

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2009, 10:26:13 AM »
I'm relying on my somewhat beginners luck to take everyone out!  (Especially those that have, at least in the past, sported neckbeards...lol)   ;D ::) ;D ::)
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535