Author Topic: KC's FIRST EVER ACE RACE!!!!  (Read 10643 times)

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: KC's FIRST EVER ACE RACE!!!!
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2009, 05:25:33 PM »
Tim and EMan - great time!!! can't wait for the next one!

Greatest throw catch of the day that got him nothing - Joe E while warming up for the MTA!
The disc had to be airborne for at least 10 seconds, then he lays out for a diving one handed catch in the outfield!
It was crazy!
Yeah Mike "BEATLE" Bailey won the event with 2 aces...both in the 2nd round...Cashen, Timko, Andy Lewis, Jack, and several others (sorry can't think of em rite now) hit one ace a piece. 

There were 9 aces all together ..2 of which were NOT in the ace fund so the other 7 took home $55 a piece.

Beatle was the big winner of the day taking home 2/7 ths of the ace fund and the grand prize of 10 premium Discraft discs and a bag.

THANKS to all who participated in this event.  W/O the playas it would not have been the success it was.

KC DISC GOLF ROCKS!

BTW I want to say a big thanks to:  SLIM JIM Neal ( a HUGE thanks for taking care of the generator), Rick and Disc Golf World, EMAN for co-TDing, CD for donations, Vita Water for the cases of water, Pete Engleman (as usual..the guy is TOP NOTCH), Tyrone for spinn' the records, Ryan and Jon for running the MTA contest, anyone else i'm forgetting, and all the PLAYAS...

Dave, Joe did take home an Ultimate Disc for his awesome effort at MTA and retrieving discs during the distance shot.

And the final results on aces Mike Bailey*, Chris Timko*, Andy Lewis*, Jeremy Cranfill, Luke Henry*, Rick Rothstein, Pete Cashen*, Jack Lowe*, Tim Moeller, and yours truly, Eric Kolkmeier all hit aces on Saturday! We rock guys good job.  8) (* indicates Big bOy Ace fund)

A number of players hit metal 3 times, a few four times, and two, Dan Quinn and Crazy John, five times.

Yes, Thanks to all the players who made this awesome. This is just gonna get better, it was KC's first and now KC can make this better. As many of you have noted this doesn't need to be a Discraft event. So this may happen again sooner than you think. In short, everyone was positive, we had rave reviews on the course, and you guys made this so much fun.

A million thanks to everyone again!
Yes, big thanks to Jim Neil for making the generator hassle, less hassle for us. We owe you one, big time.

P.S. The only negative thing was someone, a disc golfer I presume, stole  my blue and white Mach Lite portable basket off the picnic table on hole 19. It conveniently disappeared after the second round was over. If anyone should hear of anything or see any posts on CraigsList,etc. please let me know. I have got the carrying case and the flag and would love to reunite them with the basket. Any info 816 510 0510, I can be as discreet or indiscreet as needed.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2009, 08:30:54 AM »
who won dubs?

Nick W. and Tom B. (me) won dubs. Tom B. also won the MTA competion during lunch. Not too shabby for the second oldest player in the park Saturday.  8)

chi chi rodweez

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2009, 09:01:04 AM »
who won dubs?

Nick W. and Tom B. (me) won dubs. Tom B. also won the MTA competion during lunch. Not too shabby for the second oldest player in the park Saturday.  8)

Ahhh yes i didn't mean to leave your MTA victory off the results...congrasts...good dubs win and the MTA...it looked like there were several dubs teams..little xtra cash..not to shabby at all Tom!

Ash

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2009, 09:07:37 AM »

Yes, Thanks to all the players who made this awesome. This is just gonna get better, it was KC's first and now KC can make this better. As many of you have noted this doesn't need to be a Discraft event. So this may happen again sooner than you think. In short, everyone was positive, we had rave reviews on the course, and you guys made this so much fun.

How would we do this as a non discraft event? Everybody gets to pick 1 or 2 discs to throw, or just whatever they want to use?

I was thinking that a Glow Ace Race would be a blast.

That sucks about your basket getting stolen. I really hope it wasn't anybody at the event.
Ash Lawrence
KCFDC # 994